I have had very good service from all at the Glasgow Office. They found me a temporary position, which I have now been in for more than a year. As a candidate, you are made to feel that nothing is a bother, which is not the case with some other organisations. They are very prompt at returning your calls and my weekly payment is never late or wrong. I do, however, speak more to Michelle. You are always very pleasant and friendly to deal with, which makes life a lot easier. Thank you Stafffinders for helping me.
Retail Manager Jobs
Retail Manager jobs involve the day-to-day management of a department or store in accordance with overall company policy.
The main focus of Retail Managers or Store Managers is to improve the commercial performance of the store by increasing its turnover and maximising profitability. Achieving performance objectives will require action in one of the main areas of retail activity: store operations; human resources; finance; buying; customer care; marketing; logistics; information technology; and administration.
Retail Managers jobs also involve the day tasks of managing staff, identifying and implementing new ways to improve sales, and meeting customer demand.
Duties of a Retail Manager
- Managing stock levels and making key decisions about stock control
- Analysing sales figures and forecasting future sales volumes to maximise profits
- Analysing and interpreting trends to facilitate planning
- Using information technology to record sales figures and for data analysis and forward planning
- Dealing with staffing issues: interviewing potential staff; conducting appraisals and performance reviews; and providing or organising training and development
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met as well as resolving health and safety, legal and security issues and responding to customer complaints
- Organising special promotions, displays and events as well as attending and chairing meetings
- Updating colleagues on business performance, new initiatives and other pertinent issues
- Maintaining awareness of market trends in the retail industry and understanding forthcoming customer initiatives
Contact the Retail Division Team
Email the Retail Division at email@example.com.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Retail Jobs by Email
If you would like to receive notification of new retail job opportunities by email please subscribe to the retail mailing list.
We don't have any jobs advertised for this job title at the moment.