Could not recommend stafffinders enough. I met with Chloe, and already she had me in mind for a position that had just come up. She organised the interview, and I was successful. Throughout the temping experience she was always readily available with advice, or help. I am now a permanent employee and could not have done it without stafffinders.
Thank you so much Chloe x
Field Sales Representative Jobs
Field Sales Representative Jobs are responsible for securing sales for the organisation out with the office environment, representing the business using techniques such as cold calling or utilising scheduled client meetings. Ultimately, field sales representatives are evaluated on their selling abilities and their results are often monitored by senior managers.
This is a sales role based away from the office, where you'll be sourcing customers and maximising sales. Much of this could involve cold calling - knocking on doors or organising meetings at offices and other organisations. There's a lot of travel involved and you'll need to regularly hit sales targets. You could move on to regional sales manager and eventually sales director with the right skills.
Daily workload in Field Sales Representative jobs
The daily work of a field executive may consist of the following:
- Create and implement a sales strategy for the territory
- Effectively plan and attend customer and prospect meetings, prioritise opportunities and efficiently follow through all stages of the sales cycle to conclusion
- Maximise sales through identifying customers' needs, matching products to those needs, preparing and delivering sales presentations, writing proposals and closing sales
- Represent companies at key industry events such as conferences, exhibitions and trade shows
- Have great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Present credibly to board level clients, have excellent listening skills and the ability to present complex information simply and persuasively.
Field sales executive - expected salary
Salaries are between £20,000 and £40,000, with a few roles earning as much as £60,000, depending upon experience and the hiring organisation. As with most sales positions, the base salary may be augmented with commission incentives. In terms of working conditions, field sales reps can expect to find themselves out with the standard office environment, visiting clients in the attempt to generate a sale or indeed out in the public trying to secure sales.
No formal qualifications are needed, but you'll be expected to have drive and a passion to succeed. Many companies will offer sales training and strategies, but you'll need to be able to work on your own initiative and be a good team player. The ability to lead meetings is a must, as well as having excellent communication skills.
Sales and Marketing Jobs by Email
If you would like to receive notification of new sales & marketing job opportunities by email please subscribe to the sales & marketing mailing list.
Location: Ayrshire South
Ask any establishment how it keeps on top of their sales targets, revenue forecasting, budgets, people development, staff mentoring and motivation. Most will say, they couldn’t do it without their Director of Sales.
That is where you come in…
Have you built a successful career within Sales and looking ...