Construction Design Manager Jobs
The single focus in Construction Design Manager Jobs is to deliver to production teams technically complete and coordinated, commercially astute and risk-managed construction information, to an agreed programme.
Designers have the opportunity to work on some of the most exciting projects to take place for a decade in the public sector, local government, the Civil Service and the health authorities.
In the role you will prepare design and procurement schedule; interface with planners and agree full scope and definition for CDP elements.
Construction Design Manager jobs responsibilities
The Construction Design Manager will report into a Senior Design Manager and on a day to day basis will perform some of the key duties outlined below:
- Understand client’s requirements and aspirations
- Plan and manage design activity
- Identify and resolve risk and opportunity
- Identify and satisfy all third party requirements
- Engage effectively with designers and production teams
- Establish and manage information requirement and delivery (encompassing contracted deliverables, samples and mock-ups)
- Establish and maintain a clear audit trail of activity
- Establish template and requirements for O&M manuals and H&S file
- Ensure that all relevant information has been identified
Construction Design Manager – Experience Required
It is generally accepted the modern way into the profession is by getting a degree whilst gaining on the job experience which may include:
- Technical knowledge of construction design and detail
- Preparing or modifying designs for projects
- Knowledge of the design process and programming
- Designs include drawings, design details, specifications, bills of quantity and design calculations.
- Awareness of various forms of contract
- Awareness of commercial control
- Understanding of CDM Regulations
- Experience in managing people and process
- Experience in writing proposals and meeting minutes
Construction design manager - expected salary
Design manager work opportunities command salaries up to £54,600 in Scotland and £61,038 in London, though it is dependant on experience, location and hiring organisation.
Contact the Construction Division Team
Email the Construction Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Construction Jobs by Email
Don't miss out on your calling, join our construction mailing list.
We don't have any jobs advertised for this job title at the moment.