Construction Design Manager Jobs
The single focus in Construction Design Manager Jobs is to deliver to production teams technically complete and coordinated, commercially astute and risk-managed construction information, to an agreed programme.
Designers have the opportunity to work on some of the most exciting projects to take place for a decade in the public sector, local government, the Civil Service and the health authorities.
In the role you will prepare design and procurement schedule; interface with planners and agree full scope and definition for CDP elements.
Construction Design Manager jobs responsibilities
The Construction Design Manager will report into a Senior Design Manager and on a day to day basis will perform some of the key duties outlined below:
- Understand client’s requirements and aspirations
- Plan and manage design activity
- Identify and resolve risk and opportunity
- Identify and satisfy all third party requirements
- Engage effectively with designers and production teams
- Establish and manage information requirement and delivery (encompassing contracted deliverables, samples and mock-ups)
- Establish and maintain a clear audit trail of activity
- Establish template and requirements for O&M manuals and H&S file
- Ensure that all relevant information has been identified
Construction Design Manager – Experience Required
It is generally accepted the modern way into the profession is by getting a degree whilst gaining on the job experience which may include:
- Technical knowledge of construction design and detail
- Preparing or modifying designs for projects
- Knowledge of the design process and programming
- Designs include drawings, design details, specifications, bills of quantity and design calculations.
- Awareness of various forms of contract
- Awareness of commercial control
- Understanding of CDM Regulations
- Experience in managing people and process
- Experience in writing proposals and meeting minutes
Construction design manager - expected salary
Design manager work opportunities command salaries up to £54,600 in Scotland and £61,038 in London, though it is dependant on experience, location and hiring organisation.
Contact the Construction Division Team
Email the Construction Division at email@example.com.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Construction Jobs by Email
Don't miss out on your calling, join our construction mailing list.
Category: Surveyor - Quantity
Are you an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor in the Residential Industry? Look no further!
I am working alongside one of the largest Residential Developers in London who are currently looking for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join the team!
The prime candidate should have:
-Experience within a Residential Developer ...