Stafffinders well organised, hardworking team consistently deliver a profesional service with a personal touch, catering for our weekly shift requirements no matter how big or small.
Spanish Localisation Quality Assurance Tester
Published11th November 2021
Stafffinders are currently working with a company based in GLASGOW that are looking for a SPANISH Localisation QA Tester to join their team on a full-time basis.
Salary is £ 8.91 per hour
Full time, permanent role
Weekdays: circa 08:15 - 16:45
Shift availability: 5 days per week (Monday – Friday)
No weekend or evening working.
FULLY REMOTE with occasional requirement to travel to office so must be within 1.5 hours from Glasgow City Centre
About the Role
QA Localisation testing involves performing language checks on a range of yet-to-be-released games for a variety of platforms including PC, Xbox One, PS5, Wii, PS Vita, DS, Switch, VR, and various mobile and tablet devices. You would be working on top gaming titles for some of the world's leading publishers.
As one of our QA Localisation Testers, you will be the very first person to see the localised game in its entirety – translated text, images, and the rest of the user interface collectively. You’ll get to experience the project in the way it will be consumed by the end users. You will work in a multilingual project team, ensuring that game is free from grammatical errors, cultural inconsistencies and ultimately ensuring that the game is accurately localised into the target language.
Candidates with previous translation, proofreading, copywriting, or linguistic experience and those with a passion for languages, culture or gaming would also be interested in this position.
- Working in a project team consisting of many colleagues from around the world.
- Identifying and correcting spelling, grammar, punctuation, and other language errors.
- Ensuring console manufacturer guidelines are adhered to.
- Logging details of errors/issues found and providing suggestions for improvements.
- Ensuring the accuracy of translation within context and consistency of terminology and imagery.
- Hunting for missing / wrong content and ensuring the proper date/calendar/character display / format.
- Writing reports on errors/bugs found and Ad hoc translation.
- Overseeing the quality of your work, collaboration and contributing to the overall success of projects.
- Native level fluency in the language you are applying for, and English.
- Strong cultural understanding of the language you are applying for.
- Computer literacy – particularly with Excel.
- Robust Internet research skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Previous experience with using different software, applications, and websites.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely and collaborate within project teams
Working From Home Requirements
- Candidates must have their own broadband with a direct connection to the router via ethernet cable
- A separate and private working area.
- Must live within 50 miles of our studio
- Be able to provide evidence of Right to Work in the UK.
- Accessories Supplied.
Please send us an up-to-date copy of your CV. Candidates will be required to provide proof of right-to-work and up-to-date contact details for at least 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Stafffinders are acting as an employment agency, for the purpose of this role.
JOB APPLICATION ON MOBILE DEVICES
You cannot directly apply for a job from a mobile device. Please give us a call on 0141 887 1155 or send this job advert to your e-mail so you can apply from your computer later.