Technical Systems Support Engineer
Based inNorth England
Published22nd September 2021
Salary£26000 to £27000 p/a
Stafffinders are currently recruiting for a Technical Systems Support Engineer for their Cloud Solutions client based in Newcastle. This role will see the successful candidate liaise with the 2nd and 3rd Line support teams to maximise availability of services and to ensure that requests and incidents are dealt with professionally and quickly, continually improving customer response, resolution and service availability.
Benefits in Your New Job
This role will provide you the opportunity to work with an innovative, global cloud solutions organisation. You will work with internal teams and liaise with external clients to ensure everything is running as it should. As well as a competitive salary, you will receive excellent company benefits.
Your New Employer
Our client is a major player within the digital transformation world, aiding a huge variety of organisations reach their digital objectives. Trusted by many across the UK, this organisation thrives on delivering a highly trusted, innovative and specialised service to multiple industries and have successfully built an unrivalled reputation over their many years in business.
Your New Responsibilities:
- To resolve incidents and problems both directly from customers and through technical escalation
- Respond to requests and execute changes
- Respond to each ticket within the agreed Response SLA
- Quickly escalate tickets that cannot be resolved to the appropriate customer support team in line with Pulsant support processes
- Resolve Incidents, Requests and Changes within the agreed target Resolution SLA
- Work with vendors
- Form part of the on-call rota
- Provide input based on experience to improve procedures
- Input into the Continual Service Improvement and Problem Management processes with the aim to reduce the overall number of alerts
- Adopt and be an advocate for Pulsant's customer first approach
- Keep customers (both internally and externally) updated on progress while resolving open tickets, communicating using the most appropriate method (written and spoken)
Your Experience, Qualifications and Personality
- Vendor certifications (Linux, Microsoft, VMWare, Networking) would be a distinct advantage
- ITIL Foundation
- Previous proven experience in a customer facing role
- High level of professionalism while dealing with challenging work situations
- Self-motivated and self-starter, able to carry out pro-active tasks during less busy periods
- Strong attention to detail
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
Please send us an up-to-date copy of your CV. Candidates will be required to provide proof of right-to-work eligibility and up-to-date contact details for at least 2 references.
If this role is not of interest to you, but you would be keen to register with Stafffinders for other job opportunities, please forward your CV
Stafffinders are acting as an employment agency, for the purpose of this role.
JOB APPLICATION ON MOBILE DEVICES
You cannot directly apply for a job from a mobile device. Please give us a call on 0141 887 1155 or send this job advert to your e-mail so you can apply from your computer later.