We have been dealing with Stafffinders for a number of years now and have built up a good relationship with them. We have always found them very professional and easy to deal with. They have never let us down on providing staff and if, on the very rare occasion, that the staff member hasn’t suited the job we have, there has never been any problems finding another suitable candidate. We would have no hesitation in recommending Stafffinders to any employer looking for temporary staff members.
Service Desk Asset Engineer
Based inNorth England
Published22nd September 2021
Salary£30000 to £31000 p/a
Stafffinders are currently looking to recruit a Service Desk Asset Engineer to be based with their client in Newcastle. The successful candidate will have a strong passion for service excellence and will play a key role in supporting and helping shape the end-to-end lifecycle of our client’s hardware and software assets.
Through detailed analytics, maintaining accuracy of the IT Asset Database and the CMDB you will ensue the integrity of the data within is kept to a high standard. Using your knowledge to develop suitable processes, policies, and standards to support this, they will liaise with hardware, software and managed tool vendors, along with managed service partners to ensure hardware and software assets are acquired and managed effectively to meet the needs of the business.
Benefits in Your New Job
This role will provide you the opportunity to work with an innovative, global cloud solutions organisation. You will work with internal teams and liaise with external clients to ensure everything is running as it should. As well as a competitive salary, you will receive excellent company benefits.
Your New Employer
Our client is a major player within the digital transformation world, aiding a huge variety of organisations reach their digital objectives. Trusted by many across the UK, this organisation thrives on delivering a highly trusted, innovative and specialised service to multiple industries and have successfully built an unrivalled reputation over their many years in business.
Your New Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the administration and accurate documenting of IT assets ensuring records are accurate and auditable
- Track, record and maintain assets through their lifecycle and ensure information on IT equipment assets are kept accurate and up to date in the Asset Management System
- Advise and have input into risk registers regarding product life cycle
- Co-ordinate with technical resources on patching plans and updates to ensure these are accurately recorded
- Answer supplier queries from internal departments regarding asset lifecycles.
- Identify and help to address gaps in the existing AM policies and processes and promote IT Asset Management good practice throughout the business
- Develop KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) and produce management reports and ad-hoc reporting on IT assets and the health of the data in the CMDB and facilitate Service Review meeting internally and with external partners
- Use discovery and inventory tools to support investigation and reporting activities
- Reconcile and provide guidance on licence entitlements and compliance
- Define and delivery the Hardware & Configuration management roadmap
- Develop & implement effective controls & processes to govern the IT asset information
- Develop key partner relationships in conjunction with the Supplier Relationship Management leads
- Develop processes & tool improvements to deliver efficient business outcomes
Your Experience, Qualifications and Personality:
- ITIL V3 or V4 foundation desirable, and/or CMDB Practitioner Experience Essential
- Proven experience working on Configuration and Asset Management, SAHAM/SAM/HAM desirable
- Experience of IT Asset Management in an enterprise organisation • Good experience in data manipulation (i.e.. MS Excel or SQL)
- Experience in managing service partner’s and suppliers including contracts Desirable Competencies & skills Essential • Excellent communication skills, relationship building, and negotiation.
- Works collaboratively with a range of people to support the wider business agenda
- Passionate about consistent data quality and with attention to detail
- Applies sound judgement to make sometimes difficult and complex choices at pace. Comfortable dealing with ambiguous situations and helping drive toward clarity
- Uses initiative to identify opportunities to make the way we work simpler or looks for ways of improving service in the team and ensures colleagues understand how what they do influences the customer
- Results-orientated, with a bias for action that is deeply informed by evidence-based decision-making Knowledge
- Familiar with ITSM toolsets (e.g. ServiceNow, ADDM) would be advantageous
Please send us an up-to-date copy of your CV. Candidates will be required to provide proof of right-to-work eligibility and up-to-date contact details for at least 2 references.
If this role is not of interest to you, but you would be keen to register with Stafffinders for other job opportunities, please forward your CV to email@example.com
Stafffinders are acting as an employment agency, for the purpose of this role.
JOB APPLICATION ON MOBILE DEVICES
You cannot directly apply for a job from a mobile device. Please give us a call on 0141 887 1155 or send this job advert to your e-mail so you can apply from your computer later.