Service Desk Engineer
Based inNorth England
Published14th January 2022
Service Desk Engineer
A new opportunity for an experienced Service Desk Engineer has arisen to join our well-established client based in Newcastle, on a permanent, full-time basis.
As the Service Desk Engineer, you will be confident in providing front line IT support to a range of customers via telephone, email and remote support applications. You will also take responsibility for managing the 1st line customer service requests and incidents, making change requests and implementing fixes and solutions where appropriate to deliver a first-class service to our customers.
Your new employer
Our client is an industry-leader in hybrid cloud and IT infrastructure solutions, providing reliable and secure systems for business in the UK and beyond. Celebrating nearly 30 years in business, this well-established client has built trust and meaningful partnerships with many businesses to help contribute to business growth, via their innovative and safe solutions.
You new job responsibilities
- 1st line end user technical support with a particular focus on Windows, Linux and related technologies.
- Implementing fixes and solutions where appropriate either via discussing directly with the customer, via email or via remote control
- Liaising with onsite support / field engineers to provide technical support where required
- Assisting other teams with troubleshooting and ticket management
- Manage, categorise and prioritise 1st line tickets – including problems, queries and requests regarding services as well as internal support functions
- Escalating calls to Technical Resolution groups in a timely manner
- Protecting and promoting the Company’s image by approaching all service issues in a positive and effective manner, responding immediately to fault calls and service requests
- Adhering to contract specific Service Level Agreements and responding to customers within agreed SLA
- Achieving and maintaining certifications as required
- Network and server monitoring through automated Network Management Alerts and escalation to relevant support and Telco suppliers
- Daily administration of customer and internal networks as part of managed service provision
- Reporting on call performance and server health checks
- Assist with provisioning and project work when required (including but not exclusive to) product evaluations, development of internal and customer training material, development of new services and improvement of support processes.
As Service Desk Engineer, you may be required to conduct occasional customer and offsite visits throughout the UK. Your role may also require Monday to Sunday out of hours and on call assignments to provide support when necessary.
Occasionally, you will be expected to work out of hours therefore a willingness of providing holiday cover and overtime is essential.
Please send us an up-to-date copy of your CV. Candidates will be required to provide proof of right-to-work eligibility and up-to-date contact details for at least 2 references.
If this role is not of interest to you, but you would be keen to register with Stafffinders for other job opportunities, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Stafffinders are acting as an employment agency, for the purpose of this role.
JOB APPLICATION ON MOBILE DEVICES
You cannot directly apply for a job from a mobile device. Please give us a call on 0141 887 1155 or send this job advert to your e-mail so you can apply from your computer later.