I have been using Stafffinders for six months now. A good recruitment company, who have good, reliable staff. Their consultant Graeme keeps in regular contact and lets you know the person he has organised for you within a couple of hours. I would highly recommend Stafffinders.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Published9th July 2019
Salary£40000 to £45000 p/a
Working within a multi-disciplinary design team, we have an immediate requirement for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer with extensive experience within the water sector.
- co-ordinate all project multi-disciplinary design development activities, ensuring compliance with Client specifications and current regulatory standards
- prepare and monitor design programme;
- manage the project design development such that key programme dates are met and quality, environmental, h&s matters are addressed in accordance with company procedures.
- Responsible for developing project design deliverables, the initiation of procurement of any goods or services as necessary to allow the design to progress, preparing scope estimates/quotations and completing contract works information documents, as required;
- ensure that project design checking, validation & approval procedures are followed including any Client technical governance requirements
- monitor design budget and provide monthly forecasts for time to complete
- oversee compilation and maintenance of project registers including Document and Review Record, TQs, Changes and Risk
- manage production of briefs, risk assessments and method statements for site investigation work
- report to the Head of Discipline and Senior Technical Manager on project design progress
- liaise with Project Manager to address issues arising that might impact on the project scope or programme
The suitable candidate will be degree/HND/HNC qualified in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent and will have a proven track record as a Senior Mechanical Engineer and Design Lead in both a design office and in construction.
JOB APPLICATION ON MOBILE DEVICES
You cannot directly apply for a job from a mobile device. Please give us a call on 0141 887 1155 or send this job advert to your e-mail so you can apply from your computer later.