Interested in exploring a career in social care? We would love to hear from you! This is an opportunity to join one of Scotland’s leading and most innovative care providers as a Support Worker.
Our client, Blackwood Housing, has permanent roles available in the DD2 5AY and PH2 7NAarea for experienced carers and those new to the sector.
If you have never worked in social care before, Blackwood's excellent training and support structure could open up a whole new career for you in this exceptionally rewarding field.
If you are already an experienced Support Worker, then let them help you progress your career, either by funding your study towards your SVQ Level 3, or offering you bespoke management training.
Worried that you don’t fit the bill?
Then, first of all, let us tell you some of the things you WON’T need to join Blackwood:
• Previous experience or relevant qualifications – full training will be provided, including manual handling, food hygiene, first aid and many more;
• Payment for your PVG or SSSC registration – all costs will be covered by us.
Now, what DO you need?
• Your own transport or the ability to travel within the Invergowrie and St Madoes area.
• A motivated, enthusiastic attitude with common sense and initiative;
• A passion for helping others and delivering high standards of care, including personal care;
• Ideally, availability for a minimum of 16 hours per week;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Basic computer literacy to use our state-of-the art on-line systems, for which full training will be given.
In return, you will be offered:
• A competitive salary of £8.45 p/h, plus the opportunity to take on additional hours;
• A comprehensive benefits package including 34 days’ holiday p/a pro rata (including public holidays), pension, death in service and childcare vouchers;
• Payment of travel expenses, PVG and SSSC registration;
• Paid travel time between customers;
• First-class training and support at all stages of your career, with genuine prospects for career progression.
Working Hours :
This is not a 9am to 5pm job so applicants must be available to work some early mornings, late evenings and weekends.
Blackwood is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. We welcome applications from ethnic minority groups.
We will interview disabled candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the post.
If you are interested in being considered for these roles, or would like further information, please send your CV to Stafffinders’ Care Team or call on 0131 225 6898.
Job Type: Permanent
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £8.45 /hour