An enthusiastic and capable Electronic Engineer is required for this opportunity to work as part of a dynamic and expanding company in order to develop the next generation of downhole tools for use in the Oil & Gas industry.
This role would suit an Engineer in the early stages of their career and will involve the design and testing of new and existing surface and downhole tools. The successful applicant will work primarily within the Electronics R&D group to expand and enhance the range of services provided. The role offers the opportunity to work on high reliability electronics as part of the multi-chip module development. The products are already used throughout the world by major oil companies during exploration and production.
The data provided by our products allows significant improvements to be made in the efficiency and safety of various stages of oil and gas production. The company’s commitment to research and development has ensured that Metrol stays at the forefront of downhole communications. The successful introduction of a range of new products has resulted in company growth which provides an opportunity for skilled and innovative engineers.
• Design of electronics for surface and downhole tools
• Circuit analysis, simulation and schematic capture for component level PCB design
• Plan, prepare and conduct the qualification of new designs and technology
• Development of hardware and software for testing and production
• Generate engineering reports and work instructions
• Maintain clear documentation on design & test development
The role requires:
• Degree qualification in Electronics Engineering
• Previous experience in electronic design
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency with standard computer applications
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
The following would be advantageous:
• Experience in the oil and gas sector
• Experience with high temperature electronics
• Analogue and low power electronics design experience
• Experience of hybrid or multi-chip modules
• Software/microprocessor skills
• The ability to travel possibly offshore on an occasional basis