Customs Clearance Officer
Published17th December 2020
CategoryImport & Export Clerk
Stafffinders are looking for an experienced Customs Clearance Clerk to join our Global Freight Forwarding client at their office base in the Renfrewshire area.
You will be one of the first points of contact for customs queries. We are particularly interested in speaking with individuals with specific experience of Customs procedures within the Freight Forwarding industry. The successful candidate will be joining a dynamic team and well-established organisation who are industry leaders in their field.
Our client has a robust people culture and are renowned for their team spirit, values, and principles; therefore, we are keen to source someone who compliments this ethos.
The day to day
- Responsible for all customs clearance procedures/compliance
- Ensuring that documentation is prepared and accepted for all daily export shipments in a timely manner
- Assist in managing customer expectations to ensure repeat business and customer satisfaction.
- Be reactive in replying to any queries from customers & colleagues
- Maintain an organised approach when checking the clearance status, to ensure deadlines are met and good productivity is assured.
- Communicate effectively with others and be reactive to any queries from both customers & colleagues
The Ideal candidate:
- 2+ years’ experience of working in a Freight/ International supply chain/ vehicle planning experience/Logistics function.
- Experience inputting import and export entries
- Candidates must be self-motivated and possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Organisational and time management skills are needed to ensure that the requested tasks are completed by the specific deadlines.
This position is full time hours, Monday to Friday. A degree of flexibility will be required in relation to the needs of the business.
Salary is DOE (competitive)
If the above sounds of interest to you so far, then please submit your CV by clicking the link below.
Stafffinders are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
JOB APPLICATION ON MOBILE DEVICES
You cannot directly apply for a job from a mobile device. Please give us a call on 0141 887 1155 or send this job advert to your e-mail so you can apply from your computer later.