I have been extremely happy with the service received from Stafffinders. The standard of candidates put forward to us has been very high and would recommend Stafffinders to other companies looking for temporary members of staff.
Published14th December 2020
Stafffinders are delighted to be working with our new appointment and are currently looking for an experienced Customs Officer to join their successful team based in the Falkirk area. This will be an immediate start for the right person!
You will be working as part of a busy customs team, handling customs entries from a wide portfolio of clients. We are particularly interested in speaking with individuals that have specific experience of Customs procedures, particularly within shipping.
The successful candidate will be joining a dynamic team and well-established organisation who are industry leaders in their field.
The day to day
- Responsible for all customs clearance procedures for both imports/exports
- Ensuring that documentation is prepared and accepted for all shipments in a timely manner, knowledge of T2L documentation is desirable.
- Assist in managing customer expectations to ensure repeat business and customer satisfaction.
- Be reactive in replying to any queries from customers & colleagues
- Maintain an organised approach when checking the clearance status, to ensure deadlines are met and good productivity is assured.
- Communicate effectively with others and be reactive to any queries from both customers & colleagues
The Ideal candidate:
- 2+ years’ experience of working in a similar customs/logistics function.
- Experience inputting import and export entries
- Candidates must be self-motivated and possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Organisational and time management skills are needed to ensure that the requested tasks are completed by the specific deadlines.
Contract: Full time, permanent
Schedule: Monday to Friday, office hours. A degree of flexibility may be required in relation to the needs of the business.
If the above sounds of interest to you so far, then please submit your CV by clicking the link below.
Stafffinders are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
JOB APPLICATION ON MOBILE DEVICES
You cannot directly apply for a job from a mobile device. Please give us a call on 0141 887 1155 or send this job advert to your e-mail so you can apply from your computer later.