I was delighted with the people at Stafffinders who were always friendly and professional. They were able to recognise my skills and placed me in the perfect place.
Published14th July 2021
Stafffinders currently have an opportunity for an experienced individual to join our client's busy accounts team as an Accounts Assistant on a permanent basis. You will be joining a small team of five in the Finance department and can get involved in all aspects of the work of the department.
Your new job responsibilities
- Maintaining Management Time and Attendance System, including clearing exceptions, processing new starts and leavers and working with department heads to review attendance data and ensure accuracy of reporting.
- Assisting with elements of the monthly Management Accounts for the company, reconciling various accounts, compiling and posting journals as required. This may involve following up queries with other departments to ensure the ledgers are accurate and up to date for month-end.
- Assisting with banking processes for Worldpay, streamline, AMEX and PayPal accounts across a multi-currency platform.
- Must be comfortable working with very large (multiple) excel files and reconciling data, compiling and posting correction journals autonomously.
- Provide holiday cover to other areas within the department and as and when required for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Bank Reconciliations and VAT.
- Responsibility for the full monthly Payroll Process for the company for approximately 220 employees from validating monthly time and attendance reports, processing payroll and pensions on SAGE 50, producing relevant reports and submitting necessary returns to HMRC.
Your experience, qualifications and personality
We are looking for a well-rounded individual, with a solid background in finance, very strong Excel skills and a positive, can-do attitude. The successful candidate will be familiar with accounting packages preferably Microsoft Navision and Sage Payroll, whilst having strong experience of using complex Microsoft Excel including pivots and lookups. If you have strong general accounts experience but perhaps haven’t completed payroll before, please still apply as training can be provided.
You will be comfortable working to strict timescales and be able to demonstrate accuracy and strong attention to detail across all projects. Our client is also looking for an individual who has the ability to work both autonomously as well as part of a team.
Please only apply if you have solid experience of using complex Microsoft Excel including pivots and lookups.
- Salary: Competitive (doe)
- Full time - permanent
- Hours: 08:45 - 16:45PM
Please send us an up-to-date copy of your CV. Candidates will be required to provide proof of right-to-work eligibility and up-to-date contact details for at least 2 references.
Stafffinders are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
If this position is not of interest to you, but you would like to register with Stafffinders to keep up to date with upcoming opportunities, please feel free to email your interest to email@example.com or give us a call on 0141 887 1155.
JOB APPLICATION ON MOBILE DEVICES
You cannot directly apply for a job from a mobile device. Please give us a call on 0141 887 1155 or send this job advert to your e-mail so you can apply from your computer later.