“I would recommend working with Stafffinders if you require assistance with staff recruitment. I have always found them to be very helpful, polite and professional. John and his team always go out there way to ensure our staffing issues are quickly resolved.”
Consenting Associate Director
Published2nd March 2021
Stafffinders are seeking a Consenting Associate Director to join an Award Winning client within the renewable energy sector
Reporting to the Consultancy Director, you will hold responsibility for managing both the development and consenting stages of renewable energy projects. Additionally, you will responsible for the coaching and development of the internal consenting team to ensure cost effectiveness along with a focus on the delivery of works. Effective stakeholder communication is essential in the management of projects, advising of the process, progress and risks across the project life-cycle.
The business has grown from strength to strength over the past few years and boasts a diverse and experienced team. This is an integral role within the business where you will be required to use your knowledge of environmental and planning legislation in the UK to lead on the management of consenting works for projects.
Areas of responsibility:
- Recruit, coach and manage the internal team to secure and deliver development and consenting works on projects
- Experience the development and consenting of wind and/or solar projects in the UK, with a focus on delivering multi-MW commercial scale developments (ideally including Section 36/ Nationally Significant Infrastructure Project applications)
- Work with the development director and GIS technicians to source and screen suitable sites for development and carry out the initial feasibility works to establish viability, focusing on the business case and the risks associated with development.
- Proven ability to manage the formal pre-application and consenting works associated with commercial renewable energy developments
- Liaise effectively with internal and external team members to ensure the projects are suitably supported
- Procurement of specialist environmental consultants to deliver the required detailed assessments
Attributes and Qualifications:
- Academic qualifications in relevant environmental discipline
- Chartered Planning or Environmental status
- Ability to work on multiple projects with evolving priorities
- Excellent knowledge of relevant planning and environmental legislation across the UK
- Experience in the development and consenting of wind and/or solar projects in the UK, with a focus on delivering multi-MW commercial scale developments (ideally including Section 36/ Nationally Significant Infrastructure Project applications)
- Experience of managing large inter-disciplinary planning teams
- Commercial acumen
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
In return, you will join a supportive team dedicated to providing exceptional customer service and business growth. In addition, you will receive a competitive remuneration package, holiday entitlement and company pension.
JOB APPLICATION ON MOBILE DEVICES
You cannot directly apply for a job from a mobile device. Please give us a call on 0141 887 1155 or send this job advert to your e-mail so you can apply from your computer later.