This was the first time I have used a recruitment agency and the level of service from Stafffinders has been excellent. The Consultant quickly gained an understanding of my requirements and took the time to understand how we work. Stafffinders got back to me very quickly regarding interviews and were in regular contact with myself. Stafffinders will now be the first company I contact when I have a recruitment need.
Published26th November 2020
Stafffinders are working in partnership with one of our well-established clients and searching for a talented Procurement Associate who can bring something spectacular to this award-winning, global trading company.
Are you highly motivated with proven success in assessing products, services, suppliers and negotiating contracts?
We are seeking someone who ideally has a second language for communicating with their International clients. Occasional international travel may be involved in this role to meet with suppliers and negotiate deals, so you will need a valid passport and flexibility to attend these trips when required. Due to our client’s presence in Europe, we are particularly interested in speaking with those fluent in either Spanish, French, German or Italian.
Candidate essential requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3 years+ experience in a Procurement role
- Excellent skills in acquiring and developing long term supplier contacts
- Ability to speak and write in a second language
- Experienced in Logistics, Supply Chain Management and in working with an ERP software
The day to day:
- Gaining experience and showcasing in-depth knowledge of the industry, products, companies, and competitors.
- Researching new suppliers to fill gaps in current supply and account manage existing suppliers.
- Cross-functional teamwork, particularly working closely with Sales (to ensure supplier availability and customer demand are aligned) and Logistics (to ensure supplier shipments are handled efficiently and effectively).
- Relationship development & management at all levels within a large company environment (supplier).
- Continuously support the leadership team in developing company strategy and direction for the procurement function while also analysing overall company position and objectives when required.
- Attend global industry events and increase brand awareness and build relationships.
- IT Literacy and the ability to work with ERP systems and procedures for purchase order processing & new supplier approval.
- Resilience, often working with long order cycles.
- Adaptability to move in line with changing markets and demand.
- Presentation, Negotiation and Numeracy skills.
- Project management skills including an ability to manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders and diverse resources.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure, end-end project work and problem solving!
Salary is dependent on experience
Do you want to be part of an amazing team?
Apply now by clicking the link below.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Stafffinders which is operating as an employment agency.
JOB APPLICATION ON MOBILE DEVICES
You cannot directly apply for a job from a mobile device. Please give us a call on 0141 887 1155 or send this job advert to your e-mail so you can apply from your computer later.