Stafffinders well organised, hardworking team consistently deliver a profesional service with a personal touch, catering for our weekly shift requirements no matter how big or small.
Security Systems Engineer
Published12th January 2021
Are you a gaming enthusiast?
Is security your thrill?
Then this job may be for you.
Our growing client is a leading provider of specialist services to the games industry and is looking for the next expert to join their ranks.
They have offices spanning the globe and have worked over thousands of titles across all genres and platforms, incluiding a few of the 10 Game-Of-The-Year-winning titles.
In your role as Security Engineer you will be responsible for secure network design, implementation, and support of the company's information security infrastructure. You will also lead and guide your juniors, and act as the security expert to provide real-time security operation support in 24x7 SOC.
- Stay up to date on the current threat landscape and cybersecurity events, and best practices in Cyber Security Protection.
- Establish, operate, and maintain the security system including SIEM, Firewall, and IDS/IPS.
- Responsible for coordinating and executing SIEM application security design, implementation, and deployment in the scope of large size data processing.
- Work as a Security Operations Center (SOC) point of contact.
- Responsible for identifying gaps within endpoint security/system security and providing solutions.
- Monitor Cybersecurity threat portals for threat data, trends, and Indicators of Compromise (IOCs).
- Planning, implementing, managing, monitoring, and upgrading of IT security solutions.
- Provide technical support and incident response for IT security infrastructure components to the maintenance team.
- Develop and implement security baselines for computing (Windows, Linux, Mac) operating systems
- Conducting STIG/SRG/SCAP analysis and applying STIG controls
- Performing, analysing, and remediating vulnerability scans (Nessus/Rapid7/Greenbone)
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or STEM
- 3-5 years of experience in the field
- Experience in security fundamentals
- Virtualization technology (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Windows 10, 2016, CentOS, Ubuntu
- AWS or Azure cloud
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong and effective team communication and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Professional corporate office environment, Contact Center/ Software QA Studio
- Network certification preferred (CCNA)
- Security certifications preferred (CompTIA Security+, CCNA Security, CEH).
- Competitive basic salary
- Excellent Holiday entitlement plus public holidays
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial culture
- You'll get to talk about games and IT Security all day!
JOB APPLICATION ON MOBILE DEVICES
You cannot directly apply for a job from a mobile device. Please give us a call on 0141 887 1155 or send this job advert to your e-mail so you can apply from your computer later.