“I have been working with Tyler who is based at the Edinburgh branch of Stafffinders for the past 18 months. Stafffinders & Tyler have assisted us greatly during this period to ensure there is no guest impact at the times when we do not have enough Room Attendant coverage. During this period, I have found Tyler and Stafffinders to be extremely helpful and accommodating to our needs and requests they always ensure the agency workers they send on assignment to us are of a high standard and with previous experience of working within the housekeeping side of the hospitality industry. I cannot recommend the service Tyler & Stafffinders provides us enough.”
Lead Technical and Solutions Architect
Published22nd September 2020
CategorySoftware Developer and Software Engineer
The science of technology architecture is more strategically important than ever.
If you live and breath code, are an expert in your field and want to challenge our world, then this may be the job for you.
Work with a leading and award-winning e-learning solutions provider that thrives pushing boundaries with the latest tech.
They believe in the important role technology brings to education and quality learning. And their mission is to drive further change.
As a Solutions Architect, you will drive the technical architecture throughout the business; leading in specification, consistent design, and implementation of solutions for their global clients.
You’ll liaise with clients and the wider business to understand why they are creating what they are, the complication of dealing with others’ systems, and you’ll ensure the projects coming in are capable of being developed.
Your level of experience will make certain you know precisely how long it will take to build each piece of software and you’ll oversee and guide their Developers’ choices to ensure solutions are robust.
Liaising with DevOps, you’ll guarantee the correct hosting and monitoring is attained every time.
- Ensure the projects coming in are capable of being developed (liaising with sales)
- Converse with the wider biz and clients as to how they’re creating it and how long it will take
- Plan and design the structure of tech solutions
- Oversee the Developers’ choices to guide and ensure they are on the right track for success
- Ensure a standardised approach and consistency in coding and coding standards
- Make certain the solutions are robust, secure and scalable and maintainable
- Review code, feedback/comment and guide – with oversight of it all
- Work closely with DevOps in relation to the right hosting and monitoring
- Work with a wide range of clients and server-side technologies
- Rapid diagnosis and remedial fixing of client or system issues
Succesful candidates will have:
- Senior-level software development experience, a Tech Lead who’s been involved in the architectural side
- Superior coding skills – you don’t settle for code that ‘just works’.
>Whilst overseeing this, you’ll still be hands-on, on occasion
- Experience overseeing and implementing agreed architecture
- Experience providing technical leadership and support to Software Dev teams
- Experience building complex systems
- A complete understanding of how to build the right thing using the right technology
- A natural ability to think outside the box in looking for the systems/processes/technologies that don’t work
- An understanding of the steps to follow to diagnose
- The confidence, and expertise to challenge the norm with clients and peers
- Articulate communication skills to translate complex requirements into functional architecture
What you'll get
- The opportunity to make decisions. You'll work in a culture that gets you, and values your opinion. They know what you say is worth listening to, hence yours is the voice they want to hear.
You’re the expert. They'll value your capability and knowledge so they can continue to push boundaries to make great solutions for their clients, and the world of Digital Learning.
- Highly competitive salary
- Benefits which include workplace pension, flexible working, and career progression
- A brilliant team
JOB APPLICATION ON MOBILE DEVICES
You cannot directly apply for a job from a mobile device. Please give us a call on 0141 887 1155 or send this job advert to your e-mail so you can apply from your computer later.