I have been using Stafffinders for six months now. A good recruitment company, who have good, reliable staff. Their consultant Graeme keeps in regular contact and lets you know the person he has organised for you within a couple of hours. I would highly recommend Stafffinders.
Based inPaisley or Edinburgh
Published4th February 2020
Our client creates award-winning bespoke web and systems solutions for a clientele who require their sites to work more productively in order to meet their business aims. Approaching every contract with an inherent understanding that a web presence or system is about more than just marketing – it’s about having a business tool that helps you to achieve sustainable general specific goals. The development of browser-based software is driven by its ability to deliver a return on the client’s investment as quickly as possible.
We are seeking a strong General Manager (GM) to be responsible for implementing strategies to drive revenue and ultimately business growth. This role will lead and drive our products and services. By interpreting market trends and adapting to industry changes, the GM will manage products throughout the product lifecycle, prioritizing product and customer requirements. He/she will define the product vision as well as partner with sales and marketing to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
The General Manager will analyse opportunities for growth as well as potential acquisitions and partner with the CEO to deliver on the business plan. He/she will be recognised as a leading business expert, with a highly sophisticated understanding of customer needs and competitor offerings. Extremely strong operational skills with a roll-up sleeves ability is key alongside a natural ability to identify opportunities for revenue growth. This will be coupled with being a natural leader of people with excellent managerial and motivational skills.
In this role, the GM will play a visible role within Landmark and the industry and will be a thought leader internally and externally demonstrating leadership in planning and executing successful growth strategies for the organization’s largest and most complex clients and markets.
We need a strategic business leader with exceptional commercial awareness who has strong communication and influencing skills to run this business. We also need the individual to be solution orientated with a focus on detail; have extensive knowledge of performance reporting, analysing results against targets and of financial/budgeting processes.
The General Manager will have his/her finger on the pulse, know the detail and thrive on pressure, working to deadlines and measuring success against bottom-line growth and top-line gains.
The position requires a unique combination of start-up-like resourcefulness, top-flight commercial expertise and seasoned executive strategic experience coupled with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and/or an information services background. You will ideally be from a technical background.
- Define the business strategy and roadmap.
- Leading the company and ensuring all employees buy into the company vision.
- Setting the overall strategic direction of the company alongside leadership.
- Planning and implementing long term business strategies to achieve the company’s objectives.
- Devising a commercial strategy and working with leadership to oversee its implementation.
- Meeting with leadership on a regular basis to review the company’s financial performance.
- Interviewing for senior positions within the organisation and signing off offers of employment.
- Managing the direction of the company and guiding senior members of the company.
- Working closely with Growth leads on sales strategy and approach to winning new business.
- Conduct risk analysis to mitigate any potential risks through industry and market changes.
- Speaking at events and exhibitions on behalf of the company.
- Looking for opportunities to increase efficiencies and speed up processes across the business.
- Implementing new processes and procedures across the business.
- Setting company-wide KPI’s to gauge company performance in all areas.
- Working closely with the Growth team to land large accounts.
- Setting company budgets and forecasts alongside leadership.
- Reporting results to the board on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Analysing opportunities for growth in market segments to drive profitability.
- Succession planning for senior members of the company to ensure all departments are managed continuously.
- Oversee product specifications and work with the Managers to ensure that solutions are developed in accordance with specifications and customer needs
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and opportunities.
- Monitor and respond to market and competitive developments.
- Maintain contact with key customers directly and through sales & customer care to understand their needs and levels of satisfaction with the product.
- P&L Management
- Define and implement pricing strategy to meet revenue and profitability goals
- Deliver quarterly revenue plans with support of sales and finance
- Track product performance to meet and/or exceed revenue and profitability plans
- Develop and maintain business cases for product development
- Propose and maintain an overall budget
Background of the General Manager
- Proven track record of successfully managing similar sized organisations.
- Target driven and results focussed individual.
- Natural leader and motivator of people.
- Relevant industry experience and knowledge of the target market.
JOB APPLICATION ON MOBILE DEVICES
You cannot directly apply for a job from a mobile device. Please give us a call on 0141 887 1155 or send this job advert to your e-mail so you can apply from your computer later.