“I have been working with Tyler who is based at the Edinburgh branch of Stafffinders for the past 18 months. Stafffinders & Tyler have assisted us greatly during this period to ensure there is no guest impact at the times when we do not have enough Room Attendant coverage. During this period, I have found Tyler and Stafffinders to be extremely helpful and accommodating to our needs and requests they always ensure the agency workers they send on assignment to us are of a high standard and with previous experience of working within the housekeeping side of the hospitality industry. I cannot recommend the service Tyler & Stafffinders provides us enough.”
Based inRenfrewshire East
Published20th February 2019
CategoryMedical / Dental / Health care
Stafffinders are looking for Support Workers to join our care client based in the Barrhead area. You will be responsible for the day to day care of our client’s customers delivering personalised and outcome-based care, allowing customers to live full and active lives.
Part time AND full-time applicants are welcome to apply!
Salary- £8.75 for first probationary 3 months & then onto £9.00 from there. Additionally, they pay travel time and mileage at 35p.
Manual handling, medication administration, SVQ 2 onwards is desirable and must be car driver if not living in area.
Your main duties as a home care assistant are to attend to the domestic, personal care, rehabilitation and social needs of clients aiming to create an environment where clients can achieve and maintain maximum independence in their own homes. The tasks will vary depending on the needs of individual clients, which will be assessed by our Care Manager or Care Co-ordinators and explained to the care assistant in each case. The home care assistant should report any change in circumstances as matters of concern.
- Cooking meals;
- Shopping for food and other household essentials
- Washing and ironing as necessary
- Bed making
- Assisting to carry out tasks to maintain the cleanliness of the client’s house
- Budgeting, banking (with authorisation of Care Manager)
- Collecting pension and paying bills
Where no nursing procedures or attention is required and as part of an overall care plan:
- Assist clients in and out of bed
- Assist clients to dress and undress
- Help with feeding clients
- Attend to the personal cleanliness of clients that may include help with body waste and emptying commode
- Routine hair care
Personal care does NOT include:
- Administration of drugs by injection
- Application of dressings
- Responsibility for catheter care, supervision of specialist medical treatment (unless authorisation and specialised training has been given).
- To motivate clients to maintain plans agreed by your Care Manager or Care Co-ordinator and other professional services
- To help with the development of cognitive skills, such as household management, including advising on nutrition, cooking and budgeting.
Stafffinders are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy
JOB APPLICATION ON MOBILE DEVICES
You cannot directly apply for a job from a mobile device. Please give us a call on 0141 887 1155 or send this job advert to your e-mail so you can apply from your computer later.