Published1st October 2018
CategoryImport & Export Clerk
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Export Clerk in the Renfrewshire area. This role will be an immediate start for the right candidate.
You will be responsible for ensuring all exported goods that are departing the business are processed on time and comply all regulations. You will be based within a small, successful team and report to the Freight Manager.
The salary for this position is competitive and DOE
Please only apply if you have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in an Export/ Freight/Distribution/Logistics function.
• Ensure that the business complies with and satisfies all the relevant Export paperwork and declarations.
• Communicate with freight forwarders and customers to ensure shipments are booked for collection or delivery as required.
• Data input of all necessary shipment information into internal IT system
• Ensure customer requirements/requests are met in a timely manner.
• Manage the documentation process for all export documentation including, invoices & packing lists
• Manage the documentation process for legalisation of invoices and certificate of origins
• To ensure a proactive approach is taken in dealing with any possible problems, which could arise from under performance on specific sales orders, and to ensure permanent corrective action is taken.
• Keep all lines of communication open, phone, email, fax.
The Ideal candidate:
- 2 years’ experience of working in an Export/ Freight/Distribution/Logistics function.
- Candidates must be self-motivated and possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Organisational and time management skills are needed to ensure that the requested tasks are completed by the specific deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills are needed.
- A good understanding of Microsoft Excel, as well as knowledge of SAP ERP Systems is desired.
- Employee must work safely at all times and maintain the confidentiality of all customer and company information.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Stafffinders which is operating as an employment agency.
JOB APPLICATION ON MOBILE DEVICES
You cannot directly apply for a job from a mobile device. Please give us a call on 0141 887 1155 or send this job advert to your e-mail so you can apply from your computer later.