Stafffinders are delighted to be partnering with a market leading electrical manufacturing organisation, as they seek a dedicated and ambitious Assistant Buyer, to join their team.
This unique opportunity is a permanent, full-time position, with the incentive of offering a 4 day working week (7am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday). Meaning every weekend is a long weekend!
Your new employer
You will be joining a true market leader in the world of electrical power systems, having been first established over 35 years ago our client continues to evolve and grow, with a key component in their success being the ongoing investment and development in their team. A work culture that is supportive and progressive, your new employer values their staff significantly.
Responsibilities in your new role
The Assistant Buyer has a number of key responsibilities including (but not limited to):
- Processing stock orders from requisition forms
- Running reports including expediting and stock shortfall reports
- Calling and emailing suppliers for quotes, to place orders and chase lead times
- Liaising with stores daily to assist with ordering stock
- Maintaining stock accuracy and updating stock records on stock ERP system (Sage)
- Attending meetings to update all relevant departments on lead times
- Any additional ad-hoc duties such as filing, scanning and archiving
Due to the nature of this role, client cannot offer hybrid or a WFH opportunity.
Your personality, experience and qualifications
Previous experience working in a Buying or Stores Assistant role is essential. You should have a knowledge of Sage 200, as well as being competent in other IT and software packages, such as Microsoft.
To succeed, you should have excellent attention to detail, strong communication skills both written and verbal, as well as good organisational skills. Ability to work under pressure is a must and be flexible with workload and meeting deadlines.
Previous knowledge working in Electrical Switchgear or Electrical Manufacturing is desirable, but not essential.
Please send us an up-to-date copy of your CV. Candidates will be required to provide proof of right-to-work eligibility and up-to-date contact details for at least 2 references.
Stafffinders are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.