Could not recommend stafffinders enough. I met with Chloe, and already she had me in mind for a position that had just come up. She organised the interview, and I was successful. Throughout the temping experience she was always readily available with advice, or help. I am now a permanent employee and could not have done it without stafffinders.
Thank you so much Chloe x
Technical Chemical Engineer Jobs
In a chemical engineering role, the engineer applies their knowledge in changing raw materials into products. They deal with all kinds of materials, in addition to chemicals, and they extract as many products as they can from raw materials in a cost-effective and safe way.
- in processing environments - they process raw materials into products such as paper, cosmetics, food, drugs, textiles, fuel and metals.
- in research environments - they are involved in energy processing, cryogenics, propellants, microchips and skin tissue engineering.
- in production environments - they would be involved in the construction and day to day operation of the processing plant.
Many Chemical Engineers are employed by large international companies, research organisations and smaller firms in many different industries. These include the oil and gas industry, chemical and allied products, food, energy, pharmaceuticals, utility companies, central government departments and contractors.
The average UK salary for this role is £55,000 rising to £72,000 for chartered engineers.
What does it take to become a Chemical Engineer?
Qualities of a Chemical Engineer:
- understand engineering principles and processes
- good communication skills
- have a logical approach
- be able to express ideas and conclusions in writing
- have a very high standard of computer literacy.
This role typically requires graduates and those that have followed a full-time degree course in chemical engineering. Applicants usually need at least five GCSEs/S grades (A-C/1-3) and three A levels/four H grades, normally including maths, chemistry and an additional science, preferably physics or biology, or equivalent qualifications.
Entrants should aim to obtain either Incorporated or Chartered status.
Contact the Technical Division Team
Email the Technical Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Technical Jobs by Email
If you would like to receive notification of new technical job opportunities by email please subscribe to the technical mailing list.
We don't have any jobs advertised for this job title at the moment.