I have had very good service from all at the Glasgow Office. They found me a temporary position, which I have now been in for more than a year. As a candidate, you are made to feel that nothing is a bother, which is not the case with some other organisations. They are very prompt at returning your calls and my weekly payment is never late or wrong. I do, however, speak more to Michelle. You are always very pleasant and friendly to deal with, which makes life a lot easier. Thank you Stafffinders for helping me.
Procurement/Supply Chain Buyer Jobs
Procurement/Supply Chain Buyer jobs is the process of planning, implementing and controlling the operations of the supply chain as efficiently as possible. Procurement/Supply Chain Buyer jobs include all movement and storage of raw materials, work-in-process inventory, and finished goods from point-of-origin to point-of-consumption. Importantly, Procurement/Supply Chain Buyer jobs also includes coordination and collaboration with channel partners, which can be suppliers, intermediaries, third-party service providers, and customers. In essence, Procurement/Supply Chain Buyer jobs integrates supply and demand management within and across companies.
Procurement/Supply Chain Buyer jobs key responsibilities include;
- Releasing purchases orders to suppliers based on MRP planned orders.
- Lead efforts to implement MRP system and other supply chain business systems as required, establish site training programs for these systems.
- Drive effective implementation of design to cost methodology within the project team.
- Purchase order management through open order reconciliation and rescheduling.
- Identify and design the necessary periodic reports which should be made available, MRP, Rescheduling, Shortage etc.
- Manage excess and obsolete materials to ensure no exposure at product end of life or transition.
- Manage relationships with procurement organisations.
- Input cost information to Sourcing Manager
- Place and expedite orders in line with project requirements
- Maintain supplier files with relevant qualification history and appropriate documents.
- Develop with production and other functions and execute the production scheduling processes and develop and maintain SOPs for Planning / Operations.
- Carry out monthly/quarterly/ yearly planning for organisation.
- Set finished goods inventory targets to facilitate the measurement of actual versus goal.
- Participate in the yearly budgeting process for the plant.
- Liaise with relevant departments on site with regards to customer complaints.
- Complete month end processing and associated reports.
Contact the Technical Division Team
Email the Technical Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Technical Jobs by Email
If you would like to receive notification of new technical job opportunities by email please subscribe to the technical mailing list.
Location: West Lothian
Salary: £26775 to £26775 p/a
If you have administrative experience within a buying or purchasing department, then this could the perfect step up and an opportunity to work with one of the country’s leading retailers.
This major retailer is looking for a Buying Assistant to join their busy Buying Department and assist the team ...