I would like to express my sincere gratitude to Mrs Peplinska for her cooperation, helpfulness and competence in assisting me in my job search. I thank her for her professional and respectful approach to business. It was a pleasure to deal with her and I wish her all the best in future.
Procurement/Supply Chain Buyer Jobs
As a Procurement Manager you will be responsible for buying anything a company might need in order to operate effectively. This could include equipment, goods and services, such as the raw materials to make a particular product, or the energy source used to power a factory. You will play a vital role in the operation of the business.
Procurement/Supply Chain Buyer jobs is the process of planning, implementing and controlling the operations of the supply chain as efficiently as possible. Procurement/Supply Chain Buyer jobs include all movement and storage of raw materials, work-in-process inventory, and finished goods from point-of-origin to point-of-consumption. Importantly, Procurement/Supply Chain Buyer jobs also includes coordination and collaboration with channel partners, which can be suppliers, intermediaries, third-party service providers, and customers. In essence, Procurement/Supply Chain Buyer jobs integrates supply and demand management within and across companies.
Procurement/Supply Chain Buyer jobs key responsibilities include;
- Releasing purchases orders to suppliers based on MRP planned orders.
- Lead efforts to implement MRP system and other supply chain business systems as required, establish site training programs for these systems.
- Drive effective implementation of design to cost methodology within the project team.
- Purchase order management through open order reconciliation and rescheduling.
- Identify and design the necessary periodic reports which should be made available, MRP, Rescheduling, Shortage etc.
- Manage excess and obsolete materials to ensure no exposure at product end of life or transition.
- Manage relationships with procurement organisations.
- Input cost information to Sourcing Manager
- Place and expedite orders in line with project requirements
- Maintain supplier files with relevant qualification history and appropriate documents.
- Develop with production and other functions and execute the production scheduling processes and develop and maintain SOPs for Planning / Operations.
- Carry out monthly/quarterly/ yearly planning for organisation.
- Set finished goods inventory targets to facilitate the measurement of actual versus goal.
- Participate in the yearly budgeting process for the plant.
- Liaise with relevant departments on site with regards to customer complaints.
- Complete month end processing and associated reports.
Skills and qualities
To become an SCM, you will need:
- brilliant customer service skills
- great motivational skills
- excellent time management
- a great understanding as to how business work and operate, including finance
Contact the Technical Division Team
Email the Technical Division at email@example.com.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Technical Jobs by Email
If you would like to receive notification of new technical job opportunities by email please subscribe to the technical mailing list.
We don't have any jobs advertised for this job title at the moment.