Development Surveyor Jobs
Planning and development surveyors consult their clients on development and investment choices. If you enjoy working on a variety of property projects, building a career with Development Surveyor Jobs will mean you are immersed in a wide range of commercial investment opportunities.
The Development Surveyor needs to understand commercial and residential development and take responsibility for accelerating the delivery of capital receipts from all asset disposals.
Agency and Development Surveyors will provide advice to landowners, developers and investors on schemes across the commercial and residential markets.
As a Property professional, the work objective will be to deliver challenging and varied estate rationalisation and disposal programmes. You'll consider a range of complex economic, social and environmental factors when providing clients with critical information which is particularly critical where development funds are coming from the public purse, and careful planning and financial consideration needs to be evidenced.
Work with customers, supply chain, developers, local government and other regional stakeholders to plan, promote and deliver the optimum market value of disposals; coordinating pre-disposal promotional works, planning processes, change of use consent and negotiation of the sale agreement.
Required surveying experience
Day to day work will include development and land agency, development consultancy advice, and office and industrial agency. Other responsibilities may include:
- Assess land and property use requirements, including traffic and infrastructure
- manage or take a lead role in projects, from the earliest planning stages through to completion
- identify new opportunities by conducting research and networking
- interpret data from various sources
- draw up, present and negotiate competitive proposals
- advise clients on the availability of finance and the feasibility of planning permission
- prepare and present applications for planning permission
- provide valuations and advise clients about the provision of finance for commercial and residential developments
- ensure compliance with planning legislation and policy
- use strong management and entrepreneurial skills to ensure that projects are managed successfully, efficiently and profitably
- consider the physical, environmental and social impact of proposed developments
- advocate the conservation and protection of historic or environmentally sensitive sites and areas
- promote the use of effective land management and administration as one of the key drivers behind economic development
- communicate and negotiate effectively with colleagues, clients and financial stakeholders
- respond quickly to changes in market conditions, client requirements and government policies.
Specialising in an area, such as planning and development policy, development and regeneration appraisal, planning and implementation processes or compulsory purchase and related compensation, may be appropriate depending on the requirements of your job.
Experience and skills
You'll need to have:
- Broad property experience and an understanding of the local development market.
- Excellent IT and report writing skills.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including negotiating, networking and presentation
- An interest in legal matters, policies and procedures
Training and certification
You will have completed a commercial RICS accredited degree and have achieved Chartership (MRICS). Pay circa £30,000 to £40,000 although this is entirely dependent on hiring organisation and location.
Contact the Surveying and Property Team
Email the Surveying and Property Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Surveying and Property Jobs by Email
Want to be the first to know? Never miss an opportunity by signing up to our surveying and property mailing list.
Category: Asset/Property Management
Stafffinders are seeking a talented Assistant Property Manager, on behalf of our premier Property Management client.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader, who truly cares about their employee’s health and wellbeing and actively promotes a good work-life balance.
Your New Job Benefits
• Salary is competitive ...