Housing Officer/Manager Jobs
Within social housing services, there are a number of exciting roles. Our REC qualified Consultants recruit for positions such as Housing Officer/Manager jobs and Housing Assistant jobs.
Housing Officer/Manager jobs involve assisting the Association in effectively delivering high quality housing and estate management services to tenants and other customers.
Housing Officer/Manager job description
Housing Officers/Managers perform a number of varied tasks on a daily basis, some of which include:
- Assisting to ensure the most effective use of the houses and property owned or managed by the Association is achieved in line with the organisation’s policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that the Association maintains high levels of customer service and satisfaction in all aspects of its housing management and neighbourhood services.
- Supporting the involvement and participation of tenants and other customers in the development of the Association’s services and activities.
- Providing the Association’s tenants and other customers with the highest level of service in line with the Association’s Customer Care Policies and Procedures.
- Providing factoring and other services to home-owners.
- Participating in the development and implementation of Estate Management Action Plans.
In order to carry out this varied role, a Housing Officer/Manager must possess a variety of skills. As well as having excellent organisational and time management skills, they must also be able to communicate with all departments and members of staff in a clear and efficient manner. Likewise, Housing Officers/Managers must also have good problem-solving skills and be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Salaries range from £24,000 to £45,000. Senior Managers or Head of Housing may earn £60,000 or more.