Housing Assistant Jobs
Stafffinders recruits professionals for a variety of Housing Assistant jobs throughout Scotland. The main responsibility in Housing Assistant jobs is ensuring the delivery of quality housing management services. Housing Assistants must comply with the Association policies and procedures, as well as legislative, regulatory and good practice requirements in the provision of housing management duties.
Housing Assistant job description
Daily tasks carried out by Housing Assistants may include, but are not limited to:
- Processing rent and housing benefit payments.
- Setting up Direct Debits.
- Processing housing benefit award/notification letters on SDM and confirming the same to tenants in writing.
- Ensuring rent and factoring account entries are recorded on SDM.
- Making fair and affordable repayment arrangements with tenants and owners in arrears and confirm in writing.
- Assisting the Housing Servicers Officer in preparing Qualifying Occupier Letters and Notice of Proceedings for Recovery of Possession and their delivery.
- Managing the allocations process to ensure voids re-let times are minimised.
- Carrying out weekly property inspections to ensure effective upkeep of area.
- Assist with tenant participation and customer care.
There are a number of skills required to perform this job well. As well as being able to communicate and liaise effectively with all departments and other staff members, Housing Assistants must also possess good organisational and customer engagement skills. Moreover, they must also have sound knowledge of database systems and be dynamic, committed and flexible in their work.