I found Stafffinders to very professional and prompt in both their interview advice and communications. Stafffinders contacted me three week ago with a vacancy they thought would be of interest and yesterday I was offered the job! I would definitely y recommend Stafffinders to others looking to further their career.
Environmental Technician Jobs
Environmental technician jobs include being responsible for water and air sampling and monitoring; processing permits; calibration and maintenance of scientific monitoring; data collection; and routine analysis.
Technicians may conduct special studies such as toxic water monitoring, biological monitoring, and air/water pollutant investigations and recommend corrective actions. An Environmental service technician records and maintains periodic data logs and information files.
Typically, they work from drawings, specifications, diagrams, schematics and specific verbal and written instructions.
Knowledge in sampling, data collection and analysis, pollution complaint investigations, instrument calibration, environmental law or experience in assessing environmental conditions is desirable.
This job requires a Degree in Science with technical training in Environmental sciences, chemistry, maths, hydrology, ecology, toxicology or a related field
Duties of an Environmental Technician
- Addresses environmental issues by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Gathers environmental data by applying agriculture, chemistry, meteorology, and engineering principles.
- Determines characteristics or composition of solid, liquid, or gaseous materials and substances by conducting chemical, physical, laboratory, and field tests, using ph meter, chemicals, autoclaves, centrifuge spectrophotometer, microscope, analytical instrumentation, and chemical laboratory equipment.
- Evaluates atmospheric pollutants by collecting and analysing samples of gases from smokestacks; gathering other air samples and meteorological data.
- Assesses water pollutants by collecting and analysing water samples from streams and lakes, raw, semi processed or processed water, and industrial waste water.
- Determines chemical composition and nature of land pollutants by collecting and analysing soil, silt, and mud.
- Maintains environmental data base by developing information requirements; designing an information system.
- Prepares summaries and charts by gathering and testing samples; analysing and summarising findings and trends.
- Maintains gas and fluid flow systems, chemical reaction systems, mechanical equipment, and other test instrumentation by installing; operating; completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Completes research by conducting bacteriological and other tests.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the organization by complying with legal and waste management requirements.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Salary ranges from £25,000pa to £35,000pa depending on experience.
Contact the Scientific Division Team
Email the Scientific Division at email@example.com.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Scientific Jobs by Email
If you would like to receive notification of new scientific job opportunities by email please subscribe to the scientific mailing list.
We don't have any jobs advertised for this job title at the moment.