Since registering with Stafffinders for temporary work, they have always kept me out working. The Recruitment Consultants are always courteous and work hard finding assignments that suit me.
Sales Managers Scotland
Sales Managers do very little actual selling; he or she develops and implements the training programs and incentives that motivate salespeople or reps. Also, Sales Managers outline department goals and may be responsible for designating specific territories for reps.
In smaller companies, Sales Managers create promotional incentives (such as free merchandise with a certain purchase) geared toward the consumer. In some situations, they may work with the research and development department, checking sales results against certain demographics. In larger companies, Sales Managers may work closely with the marketing team to build name recognition or to promote special offers.
In both large and small companies, future sales are projected based on information collected from his or her department and may assist with product research and development based on these findings.
What are the responsibilities of a Sales Manager?
- Manage and motivate staff, recruit staff, train and develop staff, according to company policies and employment laws, and ensure relevant HR procedures are followed (appraisals, discipline, grievance, etc).
- Plan, forecast, report on sales, costs and business performance, according to company requirements. As well as planning and implementing advertising and promotional strategies/activities.
- Manage cash and payment systems in accordance with company procedures and policies, at all times with staff and customer safety as the uppermost priority.
- Plan and implement shop merchandising, layout and customer traffic flow so as to maximise sales, customer satisfaction, appearance, image and ergonomics for customers.
- Manage selling and customer service activities and staff competence in these areas, so as to optimise and sustain sales performance, profitability and customer satisfaction. Costs and overheads also need to be managed, and all factors affecting the profitable performance of the shop.
- Liaise with external agencies and authorities as necessary (advertising, PR, recruitment, training, fire services, police, local council, health and safety inspectors, etc). As well as liaising with suppliers and merchandisers.
- Manage health and safety, security, and emergency systems, capabilities and staff and customer awareness, according to company policy and relevant law.
- Seek and continuously develop knowledge and information about competitor activity, pricing and tactics, and communicate this to relevant departments in the company.
- Attend meetings and contribute to company strategy and policy-making as required.
- Develop personal skills and capability through on-going training, as provided by the company or elsewhere subject to Company approval.
Sales and Marketing Jobs by Email
If you would like to receive notification of new sales & marketing job opportunities by email please subscribe to the sales & marketing mailing list.
Multi-lingual Business Development Executive
Stafffinders are currently recruiting on behalf of one of their international manufacturing clients who are based in Greenock
We are looking for an Multi Lingual International Business Development Executive, ideally from a Manufacturing background
You will be very driven, talented & dynamic, to join our industry leading ...
Due to an internal promotion, my industry-leading Client are now recruiting for a Technical Support Engineer to join their Sales & Marketing team.The Role The role reports directly to the Technical Support Team Leader and will provide first class Technical support to my Clients customers. The Technical Support division not ...
Business Implementation Manager
Stafffinders are recruiting on behalf of one of our Global Clients, for this exciting new role
Are you an exceptional Business Manager with International Business Experience???? If so keep reading….
You will be joining our clients highly dynamic team based in Greenock (Though if you like the ...