I have had very good service from all at the Glasgow Office. They found me a temporary position, which I have now been in for more than a year. As a candidate, you are made to feel that nothing is a bother, which is not the case with some other organisations. They are very prompt at returning your calls and my weekly payment is never late or wrong. I do, however, speak more to Michelle. You are always very pleasant and friendly to deal with, which makes life a lot easier. Thank you Stafffinders for helping me.
Sales Managers Scotland
Sales Managers do very little actual selling; he or she develops and implements the training programs and incentives that motivate salespeople or reps. Jobs in sales management will often require outlining department goals and designating specific territories for reps.
In smaller companies, Sales Managers create promotional incentives (such as free merchandise with a certain purchase) geared toward the consumer. In some situations, they may work with the research and development department, checking sales results against certain demographics. In larger companies, Sales Managers may work closely with the marketing team to build name recognition or to promote special offers.
In both large and small companies, future sales are projected based on information collected from his or her department and may assist with product research and development based on these findings.
Ten roles of a Sales Manager
- Manage and motivate staff, recruit staff, train and develop staff, according to company policies and employment laws, and ensure relevant HR procedures are followed (appraisals, discipline, grievance, etc).
- Plan, forecast, report on sales, costs and business performance, according to company requirements. As well as planning and implementing advertising and promotional strategies/activities.
- Manage cash and payment systems in accordance with company procedures and policies, at all times with staff and customer safety as the uppermost priority.
- Plan and implement shop merchandising, layout and customer traffic flow so as to maximise sales, customer satisfaction, appearance, image and ergonomics for customers.
- Manage selling and customer service activities and staff competence in these areas, so as to optimise and sustain sales performance, profitability and customer satisfaction. Costs and overheads also need to be managed, and all factors affecting the profitable performance of the shop.
- Liaise with external agencies and authorities as necessary (advertising, PR, recruitment, training, fire services, police, local council, health and safety inspectors, etc). As well as liaising with suppliers and merchandisers.
- Manage health and safety, security, and emergency systems, capabilities and staff and customer awareness, according to company policy and relevant law.
- Seek and continuously develop knowledge and information about competitor activity, pricing and tactics, and communicate this to relevant departments in the company.
- Attend meetings and contribute to company strategy and policy-making as required.
- Develop personal skills and capability through on-going training, as provided by the company or elsewhere subject to Company approval.
Planning for sales
The manager's overarching role will be to create sales plans or ‘plans for business’ that focus on the all important sales line and how to achieve it. Essentially the manager rolls out timetabled marketing and sales action plans that can enhance sales and business development skills. As at November, 2019, the average salary for Sales Manager jobs in Scotland is £33,204.
Sales and Marketing Jobs by Email
If you would like to receive notification of new sales & marketing job opportunities by email please subscribe to the sales & marketing mailing list.
Stafffinders are working in partnership with one of our well-established clients and searching for a talented Sales Manager who thrives on building a nurturing a successful team of sales professionals.
We are looking for someone who is accountable, takes ownership, grows a successful team and goes that extra mile to ...