Just recently signed up with Stafffinders. Danielle and Katrina are amazing!!! Very professional.
They give you a whole list of available jobs and you can pick and choose which ones suit you.
Been with a few agencies in the past none of them can touch the girls though. You can even do your timesheet online so no looking for the Duty Manager at the end of your shift. Great agency knocked back a full time job to stay with them.
Sales Managers Scotland
Sales Managers do very little actual selling; he or she develops and implements the training programs and incentives that motivate salespeople or reps. Also, Sales Managers outline department goals and may be responsible for designating specific territories for reps.
In smaller companies, Sales Managers create promotional incentives (such as free merchandise with a certain purchase) geared toward the consumer. In some situations, they may work with the research and development department, checking sales results against certain demographics. In larger companies, Sales Managers may work closely with the marketing team to build name recognition or to promote special offers.
In both large and small companies, future sales are projected based on information collected from his or her department and may assist with product research and development based on these findings.
What are the responsibilities of a Sales Manager?
- Manage and motivate staff, recruit staff, train and develop staff, according to company policies and employment laws, and ensure relevant HR procedures are followed (appraisals, discipline, grievance, etc).
- Plan, forecast, report on sales, costs and business performance, according to company requirements. As well as planning and implementing advertising and promotional strategies/activities.
- Manage cash and payment systems in accordance with company procedures and policies, at all times with staff and customer safety as the uppermost priority.
- Plan and implement shop merchandising, layout and customer traffic flow so as to maximise sales, customer satisfaction, appearance, image and ergonomics for customers.
- Manage selling and customer service activities and staff competence in these areas, so as to optimise and sustain sales performance, profitability and customer satisfaction. Costs and overheads also need to be managed, and all factors affecting the profitable performance of the shop.
- Liaise with external agencies and authorities as necessary (advertising, PR, recruitment, training, fire services, police, local council, health and safety inspectors, etc). As well as liaising with suppliers and merchandisers.
- Manage health and safety, security, and emergency systems, capabilities and staff and customer awareness, according to company policy and relevant law.
- Seek and continuously develop knowledge and information about competitor activity, pricing and tactics, and communicate this to relevant departments in the company.
- Attend meetings and contribute to company strategy and policy-making as required.
- Develop personal skills and capability through on-going training, as provided by the company or elsewhere subject to Company approval.
Sales and Marketing Jobs by Email
If you would like to receive notification of new sales & marketing job opportunities by email please subscribe to the sales & marketing mailing list.
Category: Marketing Assistant
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our inhouse marketing team for an exceptional Marketing Associate. Working closely with our Chief Executive & Marketing Manager you will help achieve the businesses marketing goals & objectives.Working on the Stafffinders brand and alongside its sister company Kingpin, you will enjoy a varied ...
Category: Marketing Assistant
Calling all Digital Marketing enthusiasts!
We are on the lookout for someone spectacular in their field to join our clients e-learning business within the Paisley area. An exciting chapter for someone looking to make their mark and grow and develop within a reputable business. We are open to speak to ...
Stafffinders are looking for a Sales Surveyor with excellent people skills to join our client’s business within the mobility industry based in Glasgow. Our client’s successful business combines the personal, caring ethos of a family business with fast, flexible, responsive service of a professional organisation.
The successful candidate ...
Do you have an element of creative flare teamed with great analytical ability, good business acumen and a drive for success?
Are you motivated by bringing on new business and developing your own accounts? Then we are looking for you to join our team as our new Business Development Manager ...
Are you a driven Business Developer with experience within IP, Corporate Services or the Insolvency industry? Stafffinders are currently recruiting for a talented, dynamic Business Development Executive to join our industry leading client’s business in the heart of Glasgow.
On the job training will be provided, and the successful ...