I found Stafffinders to very professional and prompt in both their interview advice and communications. Stafffinders contacted me three week ago with a vacancy they thought would be of interest and yesterday I was offered the job! I would definitely y recommend Stafffinders to others looking to further their career.
Sales & Marketing Manager Jobs
Sales & Marketing Managers do very little actual selling; he or she develops and implements the training programs and incentives that motivate salespeople or reps. They also outline department goals and may be responsible for designating specific territories for reps.
In smaller companies, Sales & Marketing Managers create promotional incentives (such as free merchandise with a certain purchase) geared toward the consumer. In some situations, they may work with the research and development department, checking sales results against certain demographics.
In larger companies, Sales & Marketing Managers may work closely with the marketing team to build name recognition or to promote special offers. In both large and small companies, Sales & Marketing Managers project future sales based on information collected from his or her department and may assist with product research and development based on these findings.
Duties of a Sales & Marketing Manager
- Manage and motivate staff, recruit staff, train and develop staff, according to company policies and employment laws, and ensure relevant HR procedures are followed (appraisals, discipline, grievance, etc).
- Plan, forecast, report on sales, costs and business performance, according to company requirements.
- Plan and implement advertising and promotional strategy and activities.
- Manage cash and payment systems in accordance with company procedures and policies, at all times with staff and customer safety as the uppermost priority.
- Plan and implement shop merchandising, layout and customer traffic flow so as to maximise sales, customer satisfaction, appearance, image and ergonomics for customers.
- Manage selling and customer service activities and staff competence in these areas, so as to optimise and sustain sales performance, profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Manage costs and overheads, and all factors affecting the profitable performance of the shop.
- Liaise with external agencies and authorities as necessary (advertising, PR, recruitment, training, fire services, police, local council, health and safety inspectors, etc).
- Liaise with and utilise support from suppliers, merchandisers and other partners as required.
- Manage, maintain and report as necessary all merchandise and non-merchandise stock.
- Manage upkeep and condition of all equipment, fixtures and fabric of shop premises.
- Manage health and safety, security, and emergency systems, capabilities and staff and customer awareness, according to company policy and relevant law.
- Seek and continuously develop knowledge and information about competitor activity, pricing and tactics, and communicate this to relevant departments in the Company.
- Manage and maintain the effectiveness of IT and other essential in-store systems.
- Attend meetings and contribute to company strategy and policy-making as required.
- Develop personal skills and capability through on-going training, as provided by the company or elsewhere subject to Company approval.
Sales and Marketing Jobs by Email
If you would like to receive notification of new sales & marketing job opportunities by email please subscribe to the sales & marketing mailing list.
Salary: £8.00 p/h
Category: Telesales Agent
Stafffinders are searching for a confident telemarketing/data cleanser to join our clients growing business in Renfrewshire.
This is an ongoing temporary role with the scope to be more long term for the right candidate.
Hourly rate is dependent on experience.
This is a key role within the business. This ...
Calling all Sales Administrators looking for an excellent opportunity in the Paisley area.
Our client is looking for a bright, pro-active individual to join their team.
Salary will be DOE. This position is initially temporary with scope of it becoming a permanent positon for the right person!
Hours are 9am ...
Location: Ayrshire North
Salary: £17000 to £30000 p/a
Due to continual growth, Stafffinders are searching for a x2 Telesales Agents to join our clients well established business based in the North Ayrshire area. Due to location, candidates with a driver’s license and access to their own vehicle are preferred. A fast-paced role that is perfect for a ...
Category: Marketing Assistant
Calling all Marketing Guru’s …
Would you describe yourself as a Team Player, commercially aware and a good communicator?...
Do you have 3-4 years’ experience within a Marketing role?
Are you ‘IT-Savvy’ with a keen interest in increasing brand awareness?...
If the answer to the above is YES, then I ...
Calling all Inside Sales Executives looking for an excellent opportunity in the Renfrewshire area.
Due to expansion, our well-established client is looking for a bright, pro-active individual to join their team on a full time, permanent basis.
This role will be based within our client’s office, however there could ...