I have had very good service from all at the Glasgow Office. They found me a temporary position, which I have now been in for more than a year. As a candidate, you are made to feel that nothing is a bother, which is not the case with some other organisations. They are very prompt at returning your calls and my weekly payment is never late or wrong. I do, however, speak more to Michelle. You are always very pleasant and friendly to deal with, which makes life a lot easier. Thank you Stafffinders for helping me.
Sales & Marketing Manager Jobs
Sales & Marketing Manager jobs do very little actual selling; he or she develops and implements the training programs and incentives that motivate salespeople or reps. Also, Sales & Marketing Manager jobs outlines department goals and may be responsible for designating specific territories for reps.
In smaller companies, Sales & Marketing Manager jobs creates promotional incentives (such as free merchandise with a certain purchase) geared toward the consumer.
In some situations, the Sales & Marketing Manager jobs may work with the research and development department, checking sales results against certain demographics.
In larger companies, Sales & Marketing Manager jobs may work closely with the marketing team to build name recognition or to promote special offers.
In both large and small companies, Sales & Marketing Manager jobs projects future sales based on information collected from his or her department and may assist with product research and development based on these findings.
Sales & Marketing Manager jobs duties include-
- Manage and motivate staff, recruit staff, train and develop staff, according to company policies and employment laws, and ensure relevant HR procedures are followed (appraisals, discipline, grievance, etc).
- Plan, forecast, report on sales, costs and business performance, according to company requirements.
- Plan and implement advertising and promotional strategy and activities.
- Manage cash and payment systems in accordance with company procedures and policies, at all times with staff and customer safety as the uppermost priority.
- Plan and implement shop merchandising, layout and customer traffic flow so as to maximise sales, customer satisfaction, appearance, image and ergonomics for customers.
- Manage selling and customer service activities and staff competence in these areas, so as to optimise and sustain sales performance, profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Manage costs and overheads, and all factors affecting the profitable performance of the shop.
- Liaise with external agencies and authorities as necessary (advertising, PR, recruitment, training, fire services, police, local council, health and safety inspectors, etc).
- Liaise with and utilise support from suppliers, merchandisers and other partners as required.
- Manage, maintain and report as necessary all merchandise and non-merchandise stock.
- Manage upkeep and condition of all equipment, fixtures and fabric of shop premises.
- Manage health and safety, security, and emergency systems, capabilities and staff and customer awareness, according to company policy and relevant law.
- Seek and continuously develop knowledge and information about competitor activity, pricing and tactics, and communicate this to relevant departments in the Company.
- Manage and maintain effectiveness of IT and other essential in-store systems.
- Attend meetings and contribute to company strategy and policy-making as required.
- Develop personal skills and capability through on-going training, as provided by the company or elsewhere subject to Company approval.
Sales and Marketing Jobs by Email
If you would like to receive notification of new sales & marketing job opportunities by email please subscribe to the sales & marketing mailing list.
Location: Glasgow Area
Salary: £15.00 p/h
Stafffinders are recruiting for a Valuer for a large Estate Agency chain in Glasgow
You must have experience and be available immediately for a 3/4 week period.
Submit your cv now
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Stafffinders which is operating as an employment business.
Perm post- Immediate start
Stafffinders are working along side one of their Glasgow based clients recruiting for a Media Sales
This post would suit someone with experience in sales and ideally you would have worked within media sales.
Though this is not essential we will look at exceptional ...
Stafffinders are currently seeking a Retail Assistant to join our prestigious client in the Renfrewshire area.
This is a permanent opportunity with an immediate start for the right candidate.
Salary is dependent on experience.
Hours are flexible. Both part time and full-time candidate are welcome to apply. As well as ...
Salary: £7.90 p/h
Category: Market Researcher
We are looking for candidates with outgoing, positive personalities to undertake some temporary face-to-face market research work on a number of dates throughout October. We have weekday and weekend shifts available, so this is a great way to earn some extra money around other work or studies!
Ideally, applicants should ...
Category: Marketing Manager
Calling all Marketing Guru’s …
Would you describe yourself as a Team Player, commercially aware and a good communicator?...
Do you appreciate a clever marketing technique when you see one? ...
Are you ‘IT-Savvy’ with a keen interest in increasing brand awareness?...
If the answer to the above is YES, then ...