I would like to express my sincere gratitude to Mrs Peplinska for her cooperation, helpfulness and competence in assisting me in my job search. I thank her for her professional and respectful approach to business. It was a pleasure to deal with her and I wish her all the best in future.
Recruitment Consultant Jobs
Recruitment consultants are responsible for helping employer clients to recruit staff for job vacancies. Recruitment consultant jobs can be permanent or temporary roles and can range from junior level staff to managers and directors. Recruitment consultant jobs develop an understanding of their client's requirements and then identify potential staff (candidates) through existing contacts or by advertising roles/headhunting (executive search). Recruitment consultant jobs assess candidates' skills through interviews, tests and background checks and then make recommendations to their client.
Recruitment Consultant jobs also provide advice to both clients and candidates on salary levels, training requirements and career opportunities. Developing solid relationships with clients is integral to the role. Recruitment consultant jobs are demanding and diverse involving using marketing and business knowledge to extend company contacts; identifying and evaluating employers' recruitment needs; negotiating terms of employment and interviewing potential candidates.
What does a recruitment consultant do?
As a recruitment consultant, you're the vital link between clients and candidates. The role is demanding, diverse and involves:
- using sales, business development, marketing techniques and networking to attract business from client companies
- visiting clients to build and develop positive relationships with them
- developing a good understanding of client companies, their industry, what they do, their work culture and environment
- advertising vacancies by drafting and placing adverts in a range of media, such as newspapers, websites and magazines
- using social media to advertise positions, attract candidates and build relationships
- headhunting - identifying and approaching suitable candidates who may already be in work
- using candidate databases to match the right person to the client's vacancy
- receiving and reviewing applications, managing interviews and tests and creating a shortlist of candidates for the client
- requesting references and checking the suitability of applicants before submitting their details to the client
- briefing the candidate about the responsibilities, salary and benefits of the job in question
- preparing CVs and correspondence to forward to clients regarding suitable applicants
- organising interviews for candidates as requested by the client
- informing candidates about the results of their interviews
- negotiating pay and salary rates and finalising arrangements between client and candidates
- offering advice to both clients and candidates on pay rates, training and career progression
- working towards and exceeding targets that may relate to the number of candidates placed, a value to be billed to clients or business leads generated
- reviewing recruitment policies to ensure effectiveness of selection techniques and recruitment programmes.
Salaries vary across sectors and locations, but typically include a basic salary plus a performance-related bonus or commission. This can either be an individual, team or branch bonus.
Some vacancies will advertise high OTE (on-target earning) salaries even for trainees. Promise of an initial high salary very much depends on your sales performance.
Trainee recruitment consultants typically start on a basic annual salary of £15,000 to £20,000. Recruitment consultants' average salaries are around £22,000 to £28,000, with senior consultants earning in the region of £28,000 to £35,000, excluding bonuses or commission.
Managers with 10 to 15 years' experience can earn in excess of £40,000 (excluding bonuses or commission).
Once bonuses and commission are included, the total average salary can increase to £38,000 for consultants and £60,000+ for managers.
Sales and Marketing Jobs by Email
If you would like to receive notification of new sales & marketing job opportunities by email please subscribe to the sales & marketing mailing list.
Calling all Sales Administrators looking for an excellent opportunity in the Paisley area.
Our client is looking for a bright, pro-active individual to join their team.
Salary will be DOE. This position is initially temporary with scope of it becoming a permanent positon for the right person!
Hours are 9am ...
Location: Ayrshire North
Salary: £17000 to £30000 p/a
Due to continual growth, Stafffinders are searching for a x2 Telesales Agents to join our clients well established business based in the North Ayrshire area. Due to location, candidates with a driver’s license and access to their own vehicle are preferred. A fast-paced role that is perfect for a ...
Calling all Inside Sales Executives looking for an excellent opportunity in the Renfrewshire area.
Due to expansion, our well-established client is looking for a bright, pro-active individual to join their team on a full time, permanent basis.
This role will be based within our client’s office, however there could ...
Salary: £23 p/a
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated and target driven individual to join our client’s high performing team as a Sales Executive in their modern office space near Glasgow.
A full time, permanent opportunity for someone to add value to the business whilst working alongside an ...
Location: Ayrshire North
Salary: £40000 to £50000 p/a
Our industry leading client based in North Ayrshire is looking for a Sales Director. This is a vital role within the business which would suit a driven, self-motivated leader with a great track record in a similar position.
Our desirable candidate will ideally be from an Export or FMCG ...