Could not recommend stafffinders enough. I met with Chloe, and already she had me in mind for a position that had just come up. She organised the interview, and I was successful. Throughout the temping experience she was always readily available with advice, or help. I am now a permanent employee and could not have done it without stafffinders.
Thank you so much Chloe x
Recruitment Consultant Jobs
The career as a Recruitment Consultant or Recruiter is varied and covers multiple employment categories. Jobs for the Recruitment Consultant are twofold and will help employer clients to recruit staff for job vacancies and promote job vacancies to candidates.
Recruitment Consultant jobs can be permanent or temporary roles and can range from junior level staff to Managers and Directors. Recruitment Consultants develop an understanding of their client's requirements and then identify potential staff (candidates) through existing contacts or by advertising roles/headhunting (executive search). They assess candidates' skills through interviews, tests and background checks and then make recommendations to their client.
Recruitment Consultants also provide advice to both clients and candidates on salary levels, training requirements and career opportunities. Developing solid relationships with clients is integral to the role. Recruitment consultant jobs are demanding and diverse involving using marketing and business knowledge to extend company contacts; identifying and evaluating employers' recruitment needs; negotiating terms of employment and interviewing potential candidates.
The role of a recruitment consultant
In recruitment, you have to be a people person as you're the vital link between clients and candidates. It's a multi-disciplinary role requiring many diverse attributes:
- Creating compelling sales and marketing techniques and networking to attract business from client companies
- building rapport with clients to develop positive communications
- developing solid understanding of client companies hiring needs and their industry
- recruitment advertising of job vacancies and placement of adverts in a range of media
- candidate attraction methods using social media and build engagement
- headhunting - identifying and approaching suitable candidates who may already be in work
- ongoing database build ensuring list of candidates allows you to match the right person to the client's vacancy
- handling admin surrounding applications, arranging interviews and tests and building candidates shortlists to reduce the admin for the client
- pursuing references and verifying work suitability of applicants
- preparing candidates on vital areas relate to the job in question
- CV preparation and client correspondence regarding suitable applicants
- booking candidates in for interviews with the client
- feedback on candidates performance at interview
- negotiating pay and salary rates and finalising arrangements between client and candidates
- providing benchmarks to both clients and candidates on pay rates, training and career progression
- be ambitious, aim to exceed targets related to volume of candidates placed, a value to be billed to clients or business leads generated
- commit to compliance best practise, pay close attention to recruitment policies to ensure effectiveness of selection techniques and recruitment programmes.
Scotland Recruitment consultant salary stats
As at December 2019, Recruitment Consultants' average salaries in Scotland are around £22,000 to £28,000, with Senior Consultants earning in the region of £28,000 to £35,000, excluding bonuses or commission.
The salary is only a benchmark and will typically include a basic salary plus a performance-related bonus or commission. This can either be an individual, team or branch bonus.
Working your way up to Recruitment Manager can earn you in the region of £40,000 (excluding bonuses or commission). Once bonuses and commission are included, the total average salary can increase to £38,000 for consultants and £60,000+ for managers.
Sales and Marketing Jobs by Email
If you would like to receive notification of new sales & marketing job opportunities by email please subscribe to the sales & marketing mailing list.
Stafffinders are working in partnership with one of our well-established clients and searching for a talented Sales Manager who thrives on building a nurturing a successful team of sales professionals.
We are looking for someone who is accountable, takes ownership, grows a successful team and goes that extra mile to ...
Salary: £23000 to £25000 p/a
Stafffinders have a new permanent opportunity due to business growth for a Sales Administrator to join our esteemed client based in East Lothian. This is a newly created role within the business and you will report directly to the Sales Manager.
Benefits in Your New Job
25 days ...
Salary: £20000 to £23000 p/a
Category: Recruitment Consultancy
“Ambitious and accomplished individual, with a proactive attitude and a persistent desire to develop and progress…”
If you were writing about yourself in the third person, would this describe you?
If the answer is no, then thanks, but perhaps give this a miss. If your answer is yes, then please ...
Salary: £24000 to £25000 p/a
Job title: Sales Executive
Reporting to: Regional Sales Director
Stafffinders are delighted to present a new opportunity for a Sales Executive to join our esteemed client based in Newcastle. This is a full-time and permanent position for an experienced and enthusiastic individual who is looking for a new ...
Category: Recruitment Consultancy
Are you an amazing Recruitment Consultant, frustrated at your lack of career progression? Do you feel like you are constantly banging your head off that metaphorical triple-glazed, glass ceiling??
Well, if you truly are an amazing recruiter and you want to launch yourself head-first through that ceiling, then Stafffinders want ...