Could not recommend stafffinders enough. I met with Chloe, and already she had me in mind for a position that had just come up. She organised the interview, and I was successful. Throughout the temping experience she was always readily available with advice, or help. I am now a permanent employee and could not have done it without stafffinders.
Thank you so much Chloe x
Retail Sales Manager Jobs
Retail Sales Manager jobs involve the day-to-day management of a department or store in accordance with overall company policy.
The main focus in any Retail Sales Manager jobs is to improve the commercial performance of the store by increasing its turnover and maximising profitability. Achieving performance objectives will require action in one of the main areas of retail activity: store operations; human resources; finance; buying; customer care; marketing; logistics; information technology; and administration.
Retail Sales Manager jobs include the daily duties of managing staff, finding new ways to improve sales, and meeting customer demand.
Retail Sales Manager duties
- managing stock levels and making key decisions about stock control
- analysing sales figures and forecasting future sales volumes to maximise profits
- analysing and interpreting trends to facilitate planning, using information technology to record sales figures and for data analysis and forward planning
- dealing with staffing issues: interviewing potential staff; conducting appraisals and performance reviews; and providing or organising training and development
- ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- resolving health and safety, legal and security issues, responding to customer complaints and comments
- promoting the organisation locally by liaising with local schools, newspapers and the community in general
- organising special promotions, displays and events, attending and chairing meetings, updating colleagues on business performance, new initiatives and other pertinent issues
- touring the sales floor regularly, talking to colleagues and customers, and identifying or resolving urgent issues
- maintaining awareness of market trends in the retail industry, understanding forthcoming customer initiatives, and monitoring what local competitors are doing
- initiating changes to improve the business, e.g. revising opening hours to ensure the store can compete effectively in the local market, dealing with sales, as and when required.
Contact the Retail Division Team
Email the Retail Division at email@example.com.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Retail Jobs by Email
If you would like to receive notification of new retail job opportunities by email please subscribe to the retail mailing list.
We don't have any jobs advertised for this job title at the moment.