I would like to express my sincere gratitude to Mrs Peplinska for her cooperation, helpfulness and competence in assisting me in my job search. I thank her for her professional and respectful approach to business. It was a pleasure to deal with her and I wish her all the best in future.
Retail Floor Manager Jobs
Retail Floor Managers (or Duty mangers, Section Managers, Department Managers) play an extremely important function in ensuring the financial and non-financial success of a retail store or department. Retail Floor Managers are responsible for the day-to-day management and operation of a store or department in line with the company's overall policy.
Retail Managers focus on getting the most out of a store or department. Financially, they need to ensure that the store or department is maximising profitability and meeting, and hopefully exceeding, commercial targets. Non-financially, Retail Floor Managers manage everything from buying and stock control to marketing, administration, logistics, customer service, finance and human resources.
The working hours for this role are varied and it may require you to work weekends. At peak times such as Christmas working hours can expect to rise to more than 40 hours a week.
The salary for a Retail Manager depends on their experience and the size of the store they are managing. Typically they range from £20,000 to £30,000 but can reach up to £60,000.
Retail Floor Manager Job Description
The role of a Floor Manager can be varied depending on the organisation that they are working for. However, their main duties will often include a combination of the core tasks below:
- Managing stock levels and making key decisions about stock control and ordering.
- Analysing sales figures and forecasting future sales volumes to maximise profits.
- Analysing and interpreting trends to facilitate planning.
- Using software and programmes to record sales figures and effectively analyse data.
- Managing staff including, interviewing and hiring new staff, conducting performance reviews, and providing on the job training.
- Processing customer complaints, comments and feedback while working to resolve any issues.
- Organising and executing promotions, sales events and innovative business processes.
- Maintaining market awareness and performing competitor analysis, and introducing new and innovative business processes to maintain a competitive advantage.
Contact the Retail Division Team
Email the Retail Division at email@example.com.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Retail Jobs by Email
If you would like to receive notification of new retail job opportunities by email please subscribe to the retail mailing list.
We don't have any jobs advertised for this job title at the moment.