Renewables Site Chemist Jobs
There are many opportunities for Site Chemist jobs within the Renewables and Recycling sector. A Site Chemist’s primary responsibility is to sort incoming waste from clients and allocate a disposal route as safely and effectively as possible without a damaging environmental impact.
They work on a given site and ensure Health and Safety legislations and processes are adhered to when carrying out activities on site.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Site Chemist
The main duties of a Site Chemist include:
- Performing waste acceptance analysis and issuing rejections
- Identifying hazards and precautions
- Reporting to the Senior Site Chemist
- Looking at stock control such as conformance checks, labelling for storage and despatch
- Performing sample, compatibility test and batch processing of waste materials
- Filling out and retaining documentation regarding the treatment and transfer of waste
- Updating stock control systems
To become a successful Site Chemist, you are required to have a HND or a degree in Chemistry Environmental Science or a related subject.