Energy Manager Jobs
With energy efficiency playing a key role in the government's industrial strategy, Energy Manager Jobs retain genuinely attractive prospects. With an increasing number of opportunities and clear direction for UK energy, it is estimated that there could be an additional creation of 52,000 – 95,000 renewable job opportunities.
At the centre of this growth and development comes an increasing demand for Energy Manager jobs. You'll utilise data driven decision making skills to provide strategic evaluation of energy use within organisations. As well as planning for efficiency, the job will regulate, monitor and evaluate the energy use of machinery, buildings, equipment and processes. Where any energy inefficiencies are identified, you'll implement new policies and changes.
Skills and requirements in Energy Manager Jobs
An Energy Manager will carry out the following tasks on a daily basis:
- Coordinate all areas within energy management from reducing carbon dioxide emissions to sustainable development and waste management
- Design energy programs that maximise energy efficiency and decrease energy-related costs
- Redesign processes, equipment and machinery and plan energy-related systems for future projects
- Advocate for the use of renewable energy sources within the organisation
- Create solutions for carbon management
- Project management
- Reporting energy usage
- Carrying out energy audits (how is energy used, and how can this be improved?)
- Researching new energy saving indeas
To become an Energy Manager, you need:
- excellent engineering knowledge
- strong awareness of environmental and safety issues
- a very creative approach to solving problems
- Most employers will expect you to have a degree before entering this career, however alternative routes are available.
Energy Manager - expected salary
Energy Managers receive from £22,000 to £33,000 starting salaries, however, once experienced they can expect to earn salaries over £60,000 for roles with a high level of responsibility.
Available roles within Renewables and Recycling
We recruit for all levels of jobs in the renewables and recycling sector which include:
Process Designer, Energy Manager, Lab Personnel, Senior Project Manager, Maintenance Engineer, Analytical and Research Chemist, Field Service Engineer, HSE Manager, Recycling Coordinator and Renewables Site Chemist.
Contact the Renewables and Recycling Team
Email the Engineering Division at email@example.com .
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
We don't have any jobs advertised for this job title at the moment.