I would like to express my sincere gratitude to Mrs Peplinska for her cooperation, helpfulness and competence in assisting me in my job search. I thank her for her professional and respectful approach to business. It was a pleasure to deal with her and I wish her all the best in future.
Company Secretary Jobs
Company Secretary is a strategic role that requires a broad skill set, including experience of corporate law, governance and financial management to ensure that an organisation complies with relevant laws and regulations. Search us for the latest interim, part time and full time Company Secretary jobs.
Duties include for Secretary positions:
- Report to the chairman and often liaise with board members.
- Organise and prepare agendas and papers for board meetings, committees and annual general meetings (AGMs).
- Take minutes, draft resolutions, and lodge required forms and annual returns with Companies House.
- Follow up on actions from meetings.
- Oversee policies, making sure they are kept up to date and referred to the appropriate committee for approval.
- Maintain statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretaries.
- Deal with correspondence, collate information and write reports, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant company stakeholders.
- Contribute to meeting discussions as and when required, and advise members of the legal, governance, accounting and tax departments of the implications of proposed policies
- monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take appropriate action.
- Liaise with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors.
- Take responsibility for the health and safety of employees and manage matters related to insurance and property.
- Develop and oversee the systems that ensure the company complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements.
- Pay dividends and manage share option schemes.
- Take a role in share issues, mergers and takeovers.
- Maintain the register of shareholders and monitor changes in share ownership of the company - in a publicly listed company.
- Monitor the administration of the company's pension scheme - may be a requirement in some smaller companies.
- Oversee and renew insurance cover for employees, equipment and premises.
- Enter into contractual agreements with suppliers and customers.
- Manage office space and property as well as deal with personnel administration.
- Oversee public relations and aspects of financial management.
Salaries for trainees generally start at around £30,000.
Assistant company secretaries can earn around £40,000 to £70,000, rising to £54,000 to £102,000 for deputy company secretaries.
Contact the Legal Division Team
Email the Legal Division at email@example.com.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Legal Jobs by Email
If you would like to receive notification of new legal job opportunities by email please subscribe to the legal mailing list.
Salary: £9.00 p/h
Category: Company Secretary
Calling all Legal Secretaries
Stafffinders are looking for a Legal Secretary to join our client’s business within the Renfrewshire area on a temporary basis.
37.5 Hrs per week.
Other areas of responsibility
audio and copy typing
maintaining high standards of presentation and accuracy