Since registering with Stafffinders for temporary work, they have always kept me out working. The Recruitment Consultants are always courteous and work hard finding assignments that suit me.
Company Secretary Jobs
Company Secretary is a strategic role that requires a broad skill set, including experience of corporate law, governance and financial management to ensure that an organisation complies with relevant laws and regulations. They are a key point of communication between the company's board of directors and shareholders.
Your role as Company Secretary:
- Report to the chairman and often liaise with board members.
- Organise and prepare agendas and papers for board meetings, committees and annual general meetings (AGMs).
- Record minutes, draft resolutions, and lodge required forms and annual returns with Companies House.
- Administer policies, making sure they are kept up to date and referred to the appropriate committee for approval.
- Maintain statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretaries.
- Deal with correspondence, collate information and write reports, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant company stakeholders.
- Contribute to meeting discussions as and when required, and advise members of the legal, governance, accounting and tax departments of the implications of proposed policies
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take appropriate action.
- Liaise with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors.
- Take responsibility for the health and safety of employees and manage matters related to insurance and property.
- Develop and oversee the systems that ensure the company complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements.
- Maintain the register of shareholders and monitor changes in share ownership of the company - in a publicly listed company.
- Monitor the administration of the company's pension scheme.
- Oversee and renew insurance cover for employees, equipment and premises.
- Enter into contractual agreements with suppliers and customers.
- Manage office space and property as well as deal with personnel administration.
- Oversee public relations and aspects of financial management.
Salaries for trainees generally start at around £30,000.
Assistant company secretaries can earn around £40,000 to £70,000, rising to £54,000 to £102,000 for deputy company secretaries.
Contact the Legal Division Team
Email the Legal Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Legal Jobs by Email
If you would like to receive notification of new legal job opportunities by email please subscribe to the legal mailing list.
We don't have any jobs advertised for this job title at the moment.