I have had very good service from all at the Glasgow Office. They found me a temporary position, which I have now been in for more than a year. As a candidate, you are made to feel that nothing is a bother, which is not the case with some other organisations. They are very prompt at returning your calls and my weekly payment is never late or wrong. I do, however, speak more to Michelle. You are always very pleasant and friendly to deal with, which makes life a lot easier. Thank you Stafffinders for helping me.
Investment Analyst (Insurance) Jobs
Investment analyst (insurance) jobs undertake research to provide ideas and information to fund managers. The information investment analyst (insurance) jobs provide enables the fund manager to make decisions relating to the investment portfolios that they manage.
Investment analyst (insurance) jobs analysts work for investment management companies, providing information to in-house fund managers; others may work for stockbrokers and investment banks where their research assists clients of the company (usually fund managers).
Analysts and fund managers working in the UK are likely to research investments globally. Main UK investors (apart from individuals) are:
- pension funds;
- life assurance companies;
- unit trusts;
- investment trusts;
- banks and major companies (known as institutional investors).
Investment analyst (insurance) jobs can cover a broad range of activities and disciplines, which can vary according to the nature of the employer. Essentially, they need to develop an understanding of financial information such as company accounts, statistics, economics and political events.
Investment analyst (insurance) jobs they must also develop expertise in interpreting that information and the implications for investment decisions.
Investment analyst (insurance) jobs may have a set of companies to research and develop in-depth knowledge of in order to make informed recommendations to fund managers. These are usually in a specific industrial sector, such as retail or utilities, or a geographical area, such as Europe or the Far East.
Investment analyst (insurance) jobs typical work activities can include:
- analysing financial information relating to the companies they are researching, e.g. a new set of accounts, profit and loss and cash flow statements;
- conducting regular meetings with the management of the companies, sometimes at their premises, e.g. to discuss issues arising from the accounts;
- keeping up to date with market developments and all that can affect the markets, e.g. movements in the economies of relevant countries, political events, and even the weather;
- monitoring the financial news using specialist media sources;
- producing summaries of their research for fund managers, and meeting with them regularly;
- maintaining liaison with the management of companies and with fund managers, often by phone.
Contact the Insurance Division Team
Email the Insurance Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Insurance Jobs by Email
If you would like to receive notification of new insurance job opportunities by email please subscribe to the insurance mailing list.
We don't have any jobs advertised for this job title at the moment.