Could not recommend stafffinders enough. I met with Chloe, and already she had me in mind for a position that had just come up. She organised the interview, and I was successful. Throughout the temping experience she was always readily available with advice, or help. I am now a permanent employee and could not have done it without stafffinders.
Thank you so much Chloe x
Investment Analyst (Insurance) Jobs
Investment Analysts (Insurance) undertake research to provide ideas and information to fund managers. The information they provide enables the fund manager to make decisions relating to the investment portfolios that they manage.
Investment Analysts (Insurance) work for investment management companies, providing information to in-house fund managers; others may work for stockbrokers and investment banks where their research assists clients of the company (usually fund managers).
Analysts and fund managers working in the UK are likely to research investments globally. Main UK investors (apart from individuals) are:
- pension funds
- life assurance companies
- unit trusts
- investment trusts
- banks and major companies (known as institutional investors)
Investment Analysts (Insurance) can cover a broad range of activities and disciplines, which can vary according to the nature of the employer. Essentially, Investment Analysts (Insurance) need to develop an understanding of financial information such as company accounts, statistics, economics and political events.
Investment Analysts (Insurance) must also develop expertise in interpreting that information and the implications for investment decisions.
The job of an Investment Analysts (Insurance) may have a set of companies to research and develop in-depth knowledge of in order to make informed recommendations to fund managers. These are usually in a specific industrial sector, such as retail or utilities, or a geographical area, such as Europe or the Far East.
Duties of an Investment Analyst
Investment Analyst (Insurance) Jobs typical work activities can include:
- analysing financial information relating to the companies they are researching, e.g. a new set of accounts, profit and loss and cash flow statements
- conducting regular meetings with the management of the companies, sometimes at their premises, e.g. to discuss issues arising from the accounts
- keeping up to date with market developments and all that can affect the markets, e.g. movements in the economies of relevant countries, political events, and even the weather
- monitoring the financial news using specialist media sources
- producing summaries of their research for fund managers, and meeting with them regularly
- maintaining liaison with the management of companies and with fund managers, often by phone
Contact the Insurance Division Team
Email the Insurance Division at email@example.com.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Insurance Jobs by Email
If you would like to receive notification of new insurance job opportunities by email please subscribe to the insurance mailing list.
We don't have any jobs advertised for this job title at the moment.