I found Stafffinders to very professional and prompt in both their interview advice and communications. Stafffinders contacted me three week ago with a vacancy they thought would be of interest and yesterday I was offered the job! I would definitely y recommend Stafffinders to others looking to further their career.
Insurance Account Manager Jobs
Insurance Account Managers establish and develop relationships with insurance brokers, advising them on all aspects of the business from start to finish. Each Insurance Manager will have responsibility for several accounts.
Most British insurance companies sell their services through firms of insurance brokers or independent financial advisers, who act as agents for the insurance company. Increasingly, insurance is being sold to customers through direct companies, but more complex situations still require the intervention of these intermediaries. Account Managers provide the link between the insurance company and the broker.
Starting salaries range from £18,000 to £22,000 and those with experience can earn up to £50,000.
What does an Insurance Account Manager do?
- building and maintaining effective professional relationships with clients, usually insurance brokers
- contacting and visiting brokers or agents to introduce new insurance products
- monitoring the performance of brokers and agents in respect of profits and standards
- advising brokers and agents about existing products and encouraging them to sell these products
- contributing to business plans
- collaborating with regional and national teams in order to deliver business objectives and maximise performance
- identifying and developing new business in line with branch objectives - this usually involves working to set targets for the area that they cover
- acting as a mediator between the broker and the underwriter when developing new business (for example, a broker may need help with offering specific advice on complicated business premises - the account manager can do initial investigations and negotiate with the underwriters about the case)
- dealing with queries on existing business, responding quickly and accurately
- liaising with regional and national managers
- helping to negotiate with claims departments when problems arise
- keeping up to date with new legislation and technicalities
- keeping abreast of market and customer changes
- building up detailed knowledge about the company's products
- understanding and maintaining a good working knowledge of the rules and compliance procedures of Financial Services Authority (FSA), and implementing the regulatory framework
- undertaking necessary administration, e.g. report writing
- attending training and updating sessions run by the company
Contact the Insurance Division Team
Email the Insurance Division at email@example.com.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Insurance Jobs by Email
If you would like to receive notification of new insurance job opportunities by email please subscribe to the insurance mailing list.
We don't have any jobs advertised for this job title at the moment.