I have had very good service from all at the Glasgow Office. They found me a temporary position, which I have now been in for more than a year. As a candidate, you are made to feel that nothing is a bother, which is not the case with some other organisations. They are very prompt at returning your calls and my weekly payment is never late or wrong. I do, however, speak more to Michelle. You are always very pleasant and friendly to deal with, which makes life a lot easier. Thank you Stafffinders for helping me.
Insurance Account Manager Jobs
Many insurance companies with large portfolios of clients need people influencer expertise to nurture new and existing accounts. Account Managers will develop relationships with insurance brokers, advising them on all aspects of the business from start to finish.
Account management jobs for insurance managers will be responsible for the ongoing management of commercial clients, therefore, a good understanding of business needs can often be useful in the role.
Most British insurance companies sell their services through firms of insurance brokers or independent financial advisers, who act as agents for the insurance company. Increasingly, insurance is being sold to customers through direct companies, but more complex situations still require the intervention of these intermediaries.
Role responsibilities for Insurance Account Manager Jobs
- Providing the link between the insurance company and the broker.
- Contacting and visiting brokers or agents to introduce new insurance products
- Monitoring the performance of brokers and agents in respect of profits and standards
- Advising brokers and agents about existing products and encouraging them to sell these products
- Collaborating with regional and national teams
- Identifying and developing new business in line with objectives
- Acting as a mediator between the broker and the underwriter when developing new business (undertake early stage investigations and negotiate with the underwriters about the case)
- Dealing with queries on existing business, responding quickly and accurately
- Helping to negotiate with claims departments when problems arise
- Keeping up to date with new legislation and technicalities
- Staying abreast of market and customer changes
- Understanding and maintaining a good working knowledge of the rules and compliance procedures of Financial Services Authority (FSA), and implementing the regulatory framework
Insurance Account Manager Salary Expectation
According to research from Payscale.com, the average salary for an account manager in the UK is £26,594 per annum. With various opportunities for promotions, earnings capability could be significantly higher, and bonuses could also affect income.
If you decide that account management is a career path for you, then browse through our latest Insurance account management jobs, the first step to your next account job.
Contact the Insurance Division Team
Email the Insurance Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Insurance Jobs by Email
If you would like to receive notification of new insurance job opportunities by email please subscribe to the insurance mailing list.
We don't have any jobs advertised for this job title at the moment.