User Experience Designer Jobs
UX Designer Jobs control how a user interacts with a product or service through a website or app. Every step of a user journey through a website is the responsibility of the UX Designer.
Otherwise known as the User Interface (UI) Designer, you will oversee ease of navigation, the look, the general 'feel' of the site, all of these things need to be designed and then implemented. Related jobs include Front End Web Developer jobs.
As an UX Designer, there are three main criteria that your design needs to fulfill. The system needs to be:
- easy, fun and meaningful to the users
- valuable and useful to the business - the company you work for
- possible within the time and financial restrictions that may be placed on it
Skills and UX design qualities
- IT skills, including the use of design software, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Invision, After Effects, Premiere, Maya, Cinema 4D
- great design skills
- to be creative and enthusiastic
- methodical testing skills
- experience with e-commerce and omnichannel design
- the ability to work to strict deadlines
- problem solving skill
Previous experience working in multimedia design and programming, computer arts and graphics, or website design and development would be really useful for this career. It's a good idea to build up a network of relevant contacts, as not all UX Design Jobs are advertised. Making speculative job applications can also be effective.
Many employers ask for a degree for this career so now is a great time to start planning your route through to university. IT and design based subjects at GCSE and A level would help you to stand out from the crowd.
Contact the IT Division Team
Email the IT Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Information Technology Jobs by Email
If you would like to receive notification of new Information Technology Jobs opportunities by email please subscribe to the it mailing list.
Category: IT Product Developer
Start Something different
Feel the thrill of joining a top-notch company and get involved in the development of a worldwide impactful product to benefit others.
Our clients are leaders in the e-learning industry, and after unfaltering years of continuous grown are now looking for the next enthusiastic expert to join ...