Test Analyst Jobs
Software testing is the quality assurance of the digital world. Programs need to be thoroughly tested to find bugs. The engineers and developers might create the programs, but they need to be thoroughly tested at numerous stages of the production process to find bugs and interface issues.
In the Test Analyst Jobs function, you'll tackle functional and regression testing and the planning, writing and maintaining of test scripts. On top of that, you’ll also be great at seeing things from the user’s point of view. This is also a role that can give you the grounding to move on to other jobs, such as Software Developer Jobs.
As the Test Analyst, you will carry out manual testing whilst working alongside the testing and development team, helping to improve testing strategies. As a Software Test Analyst, you will bring new ideas to the table including the implementation and drive of automation testing.
Skills and experience required for the Test Analyst
- Communication skills are crucial because you'll need to report your findings in way that others can immediately understand.
- Understanding of SQL Server/MySQL
- An ability to build Testing Frameworks
- Knowledge of APIs and API Testing tools/frameworks
- Writing, reviewing, developing test plans, test cases and test scripts
- Perform the appropriate testing activities based on the software development lifecycle being used
- Work effectively in a usability testing team
- Improve the efficiency of the test process with the use of tools
- Effectively participate in requirements / user story reviews with stakeholders, applying knowledge of typical mistakes made in work products.
Required qualifications to become a Test Analyst
In some cases a degree is required, but software skills and knowledge of programming languages such as C# and SQL are more important, and many employers offer training on the job.
An International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) certificate will help, but the main thing is to get as much experience as you can. https://www.istqb.org/
You'll start on £18,000 to £20,000, but this can rise quickly to £35,000 with just a few years' experience.
Contact the IT Division Team
Email the IT Division at email@example.com.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Information Technology Jobs by Email
If you would like to receive notification of new Information Technology Jobs opportunities by email please subscribe to the it mailing list.
Location: Glasgow Area
Category: Software Developer and Software Engineer
Rust Software Engineer
Stafffinders are delighted to be working exclusively with our market-leading client for an exciting yet demanding remote role, working within the global technology sector. This role will be specifically well suited to individuals passionate and knowledgeable about autonomous networks, blockchain, distributed computing, decentralisation, and cryptocurrencies.
Role and ...
Location: Paisley or Edinburgh
Stafffinders are working exclusively with their client to recruit an experienced Technical Writer to lead the creation and maintenance of all technical documentation. This role will allow the individual to work on a fully remote basis.
As a member of the documentation team, you will help define how our client ...