Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst Jobs
Quality assurance (QA) analysts are responsible for the final step in the development of a game, website or any software product before it is released to the public. QA Analyst Jobs look for flaws and weaknesses in the program.
Quality assurance analysts – also known as localisation analysts and test analysts – test programs, games and any software to make sure they are reliable, fully functional and user-friendly before they are released to the public. They use a test plan to inspect thousands of lines of code to make sure they are entirely error-free. They look for flaws and weaknesses in the program, such as an unappealing interface, and report back to the developers on their findings.
They may also fix any system problems or glitches and make suggestions for how to make a software program work better. They must also ensure that the software is right for the market in which it will be released, is translated into the local language and is culturally compatible.
Typical duties include:
- creating a test plan
- using the plan to assess functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other systems
- using the plan to hunt down and fix software bugs
- looking for ways to prevent bugs from occurring in the first place
- guarding against incorrect language usage, truncated text and incorrect formatting
- ensuring the product is culturally compatible with the target market
- some localisation analysts are responsible for translation work
- rebuilding the corrected software application
Key skills for working as a QA analyst
- Knowledge of a broad range of software applications and of hardware and networks
- Strong programming knowledge
- A good understanding of business
- Ability to think in the abstract and see how small details fit into the bigger picture
- A creative mindset – and the ability to approach a problem creatively
- Good communications skills, both written and verbal
- Strong IT skills
- A meticulous approach to work
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of IT systems
Email the IT Division at email@example.com.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Information Technology Jobs by Email
If you would like to receive notification of new Information Technology Jobs opportunities by email please subscribe to the IT mailing list.
Salary: £40000 p/a
Category: Network Security
Are you a gaming enthusiast?
Is security your thrill?
Then this job may be for you.
Our growing client is a leading provider of specialist services to the games industry and is looking for the next expert to join their ranks.They have offices spanning the globe and have worked ...
Category: IT Product Developer
Start Something different
Feel the thrill of joining a top-notch company and get involved in the development of a worldwide impactful product to benefit others.
Our clients are leaders in the e-learning industry, and after unfaltering years of continuous grown are now looking for the next enthusiastic expert to join ...