Network Engineer Jobs
As a Network Engineer, you will design and develop complex IT networks. You will be responsible for the design, implementation and smooth running of the network as a whole. Many organisations rely on their IT network in order to be able to function correctly, so Network Engineer Jobs are crucial.
As network engineer you will be responsible for the movement of the organisations network platform to hybrid cloud and software network technologies.
The users of a network might connect via a number of different devices, including:
- Local Area Networks (LAN) - a network which operates within a single building, or buildings very close to each other
- Wide Area Networks (WAN) - a network which reaches over a large geographical area
The users of the network might connect via a number of different devices, including:
- phone (landline)
- workstation (PC)
- mobile devices
Network technology is incredibly varied and constantly changing. You will need to stay on top of any changes in technology or new directions.
- network switches - a method of connecting devices on a network by using something called 'packet switching'
- network routers - small electronic devices that join multiple computer networks together
- wireless networks - networks that are not connected by any cables or wires, making them easier to install
- networking management - a set of hardware and software tools that allow a Network Engineer to effectively manage a network
- optical networking - a way of sharing data that uses signals which have been encoded onto light. The light passes through the telecommunications network, sharing the data.
What you will need to be successful in this position is:
- Detailed experience as a Network Engineer
- LAN Switching knowledge
- VOIP troubleshooting
- Designing of network, installing, configuration and support.
- Switching and Routing experience
Skills & Qualities
- to have great technical skills - to be great with computers
- analytical skills
- to be able to focus on many different tasks
- to be interested in learning about new technology
- great teamworking skills
- to enjoy solving problems
- to work well under pressure, as sometimes important deadlines must be met
The pay rates given below are approximate.
- Starting: £26,500 - £30,000
- With experience: £35,000 - £43,000
- Senior Network Engineers earn £48,000 - £54,500
Contact the IT Division Team
Email the IT Division at email@example.com.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Information Technology Jobs by Email
If you would like to receive notification of new Information Technology Jobs opportunities by email please subscribe to the it mailing list.
Salary: £40000 p/a
Category: Network Security
Are you a gaming enthusiast?
Is security your thrill?
Then this job may be for you.
Our growing client is a leading provider of specialist services to the games industry and is looking for the next expert to join their ranks.They have offices spanning the globe and have worked ...
Category: IT Product Developer
Start Something different
Feel the thrill of joining a top-notch company and get involved in the development of a worldwide impactful product to benefit others.
Our clients are leaders in the e-learning industry, and after unfaltering years of continuous grown are now looking for the next enthusiastic expert to join ...
Category: Software Developer and Software Engineer
The science of technology architecture is more strategically important than ever.
If you live and breath code, are an expert in your field and want to challenge our world, then this may be the job for you.
Work with a leading and award-winning e-learning solutions provider that thrives pushing boundaries ...