Infrastructure Manager Jobs
Infrastructure Manager Jobs are primarily a management role, but a technical background and experience of some of the relevant infrastructure is essential to be successful in this position. Of equal importance is the ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical personnel and convey full understanding.
Team collaboration with Solution Architects and Technical Account Management will ensure solutions are supportable and fit for purpose.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage your team ensuring high quality service delivery
- Own the infrastructure service
- Work closely with the Project Management team to manage the overall project schedule, prioritisation and dependencies
- Work closely with the Support Management team to address service issues and proactive service enhancements
- Ensure performance management process is followed in agreed timeline for all team members.
- Proactive ownership of technology platforms supported by your team
- Preparation and management of an annual infrastructure refresh plan for the areas supported by your team
- Participate in the development of and/or review of standards, documentation and methods of working
Core skills for IT Infrastructure Managers
- Strong communication skills
- Experience of building and managing technical teams
- Experience of managing cross site teams
- Ability to transform technical knowledge into business language (e.g. reports, presentations, etc.).
- Experience working in ITIL framework for service delivery
- Excellent operational delivery skills with a proven record of delivering plans and projects within timescale and budget
- Experience of implementing process improvements
- Supplier management experience
High level technical experience of some of the following platforms:
- Microsoft Windows, Exchange, Office 365
- Managing and maintaining Infrastructure (Domain, DHCP, DNS)
- Experience administering vMware
- Enterprise Storage - Dell EMC, NetApp
- Intel Hardware
- Backup technologies
- Significant exposure and experience with cloud technologies
Skillsets and personal abilities
- Ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical personnel
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to perform complex scheduling, control and planning functions
- Demonstrated ability to influence individuals, lead teams and work effectively with executive management
Contact the IT Division Team
Email the IT Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Information Technology Jobs by Email
If you would like to receive notification of new Information Technology Jobs opportunities by email please subscribe to the it mailing list.
Category: IT Product Developer
Start Something different
Feel the thrill of joining a top-notch company and get involved in the development of a worldwide impactful product to benefit others.
Our clients are leaders in the e-learning industry, and after unfaltering years of continuous grown are now looking for the next enthusiastic expert to join ...
Category: Software Developer and Software Engineer
The science of technology architecture is more strategically important than ever.
If you live and breath code, are an expert in your field and want to challenge our world, then this may be the job for you.
Work with a leading and award-winning e-learning solutions provider that thrives pushing boundaries ...