Information Security Jobs
Any organisation using online technology can be threatened by a cyber attack and online safety is a hugely important issue, both to us as individuals and also in the world of business. The result is the creation of Information Security Jobs to prevent hacking and fraudulent attempts to acces sensitive organisational data. Top consideration when organisations ask Stafffinders to advertise Information Security Jobs will be an ability to protect your company's or business's online networks and systems securely.
This calls for someone with an in depth understanding of effective security strategy and creating the architecture road map. You'll provide technical support and guidance to project teams across multiple business areas in relation to Information Security.
To become an Information Security expert, you will need:
- Great IT skills - especially technical knowledge of cyber security/information security
- to have great team-working skills
- knowledge of security technology - such as cloud-based security
- excellent communication skills, and the ability to explain technical issues to non-technical people
- to be a great listener
- Risk management skills
- Good technical knowledge the security impact on established and up and coming technologies
You will assess and recommend various tools and techniques which will help implement the architecture road map alongside any of the following areas:
- Leading information security related programs, including processes and procedures in adherence with the Global Information Security Program Policy
- Participating in information security related forums
- Identifying, raising and discussing BU-specific information security requirements
- Cybersecurity and Information Security Policy Exceptions management
- Review and evaluate various security policy exception requests
- Manage and report on risks associated with exceptions once granted
- Recommend improvements to exceptions controls and related firm policy, procedures, standards
- Incident response
- Research, manage and respond to Information Security incidents
- Determine risk impact and severity
- Provision of education and advice/guidance on secure handling & transfer of data & information
- Contribute to Cybersecurity and Information Security program
Experience required to thrive in the information security role
- Experience of working with an information security function or IT audit or IT Risk management.
- Typically, a background in technical IT roles such as IT architecture, development or operations, with a clear and abiding interest in information security.
- A relevant qualification such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) would be advantageous.
Information security officers - expected salary
The pay rates given below are approximate.
- Starting: £26,500 - £30,000
- With experience: £35,000 - £43,000
- Senior Cyber Security Consultants earn £48,000 - £54,500
Contact the IT Division Team
Email the IT Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Information Technology Jobs by Email
If you would like to receive notification of new Information Technology Jobs opportunities by email please subscribe to the it mailing list.
Category: IT Product Developer
Start Something different
Feel the thrill of joining a top-notch company and get involved in the development of a worldwide impactful product to benefit others.
Our clients are leaders in the e-learning industry, and after unfaltering years of continuous grown are now looking for the next enthusiastic expert to join ...