Desktop Support Jobs
Works across a broad range of technologies and liaises across multiple areas of the business to support incidents, problems and requests. Responsible for answering IT requests via phone, email, live chat or instant message and explaining solutions in technical and nontechnical terms.
In Desktop Support Jobs, you'll be responsible for providing day to day desktop support plus supporting remote users; ensuring problems are handled in a timely and efficient manner, whilst maintaining high customer service standards.
You’ll need to foster strong working relationships with System Analysts to escalate issues in a timely manner.
Desktop Support Job Duties:
You will be responsible for:
- Investigating issues logged by users on the helpdesk
- Ensure the end user is kept informed using appropriate communication method and helpdesk tickets are furnished with notes / progress
- Ensure helpdesk tickets are prioritised based on business impact
- Escalate support incidents when necessary
- Identify frequent complaints and troubleshoot long term solutions
- Maintain high standards and procedures
- Perform user account management as part of the starter / leaver process
- Perform account creation and suspension tasks as required
- Contribution to central Desktop Services documentation and information repository
- Ensure software licensing policies are adhered to by all
Key experience to cover desktop support jobs
- Work experience in software/hardware administration and computer Networking
- Demonstrable, relevant experience in IT Service Management
- Operate and maintain servers, switches, routers, monitors, and various other specialised equipment
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v3 Foundation Certificate
- Incident Management – used any industry-standard Service Management tool
- Batch and Event Management - used any industry-standard scheduling or event monitoring tool
- Basic technical knowledge around Windows and Linux Operating systems
- Experience of cross-functional working, including third parties
- Active Directory
- Microsoft technologies
Contact the IT Division Team
Email the IT Division at email@example.com.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Information Technology Jobs by Email
If you would like to receive notification of new Information Technology Jobs opportunities by email please subscribe to the it mailing list.
Salary: £40000 p/a
Category: Network Security
Are you a gaming enthusiast?
Is security your thrill?
Then this job may be for you.
Our growing client is a leading provider of specialist services to the games industry and is looking for the next expert to join their ranks.They have offices spanning the globe and have worked ...
Category: IT Product Developer
Start Something different
Feel the thrill of joining a top-notch company and get involved in the development of a worldwide impactful product to benefit others.
Our clients are leaders in the e-learning industry, and after unfaltering years of continuous grown are now looking for the next enthusiastic expert to join ...