I have had very good service from all at the Glasgow Office. They found me a temporary position, which I have now been in for more than a year. As a candidate, you are made to feel that nothing is a bother, which is not the case with some other organisations. They are very prompt at returning your calls and my weekly payment is never late or wrong. I do, however, speak more to Michelle. You are always very pleasant and friendly to deal with, which makes life a lot easier. Thank you Stafffinders for helping me.
Database Administrator Jobs
Database Administrators are responsible for the planning, implementation, configuration and administration of database management systems. Database administrator jobs will also require to keep data secure and troubleshoot the system to improve consumer experience. Database administrator roles are fast paced and often demanding, with databases underpinning the working of many organisations. Related jobs include Software Developer and Engineers.
Key responsibilities in database administrator jobs
The daily duties of a database administrator will consist of the following:
- Ensure that the storage of data complies with the latest privacy legislations, including GDPR.
- Properly dispose of data that is no longer relevant to the organisation, ensuring archiving functions are properly implemented.
- Update and develop current databases, utilising the newest data handling software.
- Write database documentation, including the development of queries that allow for easy data extraction when required.
Skillsets required for database administrators
Successful data administrators have strong problem-solving skills and can apply analytical thinking to complex scenarios. Essential skills may also include:
- Good technical knowledge of databases and query languages
- strong verbal and written communication skills, to explain to users how the database works and to keep clear records of changes you have made
- analytical skills
- to pay attention to detail
- planning and forecasting skills
- knowledge of data protection issues and access rights
Database Administrators - expected salary
Data administrators are now often required to work from home and therefore may have to work some unsociable hours. However, they can work between 37-40 hours on average, with the average salary for data administrators ranging from £22,000 to £32,000.
Trade association websites such as BCS: The Chartered Institute for IT provide an excellent resource to get into the industry.
Contact the IT Division Team
Email the IT Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Information Technology Jobs by Email
If you would like to receive notification of new Information Technology Jobs opportunities by email please subscribe to the it mailing list.
Category: IT Product Developer
Start Something different
Feel the thrill of joining a top-notch company and get involved in the development of a worldwide impactful product to benefit others.
Our clients are leaders in the e-learning industry, and after unfaltering years of continuous grown are now looking for the next enthusiastic expert to join ...