Data Scientist Jobs
Organisations are increasingly using and collecting larger amounts of data during their everyday operations and Data Scientist Jobs write programs to analyse data sets. They are normally in charge of statistical analysis, machine learning and predictive modelling and turn raw data into meaningful information that organisations can use to improve their businesses.
This is a rapidly developing job and covers predicting what people will buy to using data to find patterns and help solve the problems faced by businesses in innovative and imaginative ways.
You'll extract, analyse and interpret large amounts of data from a range of sources, using algorithmic, data mining, artificial intelligence, machine learning and statistical tools, in order to make it accessible to businesses. You will then present your results using clear and engaging language.
Data scientists are in high demand across a number of sectors, as businesses require people with the right combination of technical, analytical and communication skills.
Duties and daily checklist for the Data Scientist
As a data scientist, you'll need to:
- Identify issues and use data to propose solutions for effective decision making
- Build algorithms and design experiments to merge, manage, interrogate and extract data to supply tailored reports to colleagues, customers or the wider organisation
- Use machine learning tools and statistical techniques to produce solutions to problems
- Test data mining models to select the most appropriate ones for use on a project
- Maintain clear and coherent communication, both verbal and written, to understand data needs and report results
- Create clear reports that tell compelling stories about how customers or clients work with the business
- Assess the effectiveness of data sources and data-gathering techniques and improve data collection methods
- Conduct research from which you'll develop prototypes and proof of concepts
- look for opportunities to use insights/datasets/code/models across other functions in the organisation
Core skillsets for data scientists
The skill set a data scientist should have, would need to cover several science related things. For example, programming languages (R, Python), different techniques that are a valid approach, being familiar with machine learning methods, understand and know multivariable calculus and linear algebra and deal with imperfections in data. Being able to communicate all imperfections and calculus is incredibly important for these types of developers.
A Data Scientist in the United Kingdom can earn up to £47,624 and as much as £62,000 in senior roles.
Contact the IT Division Team
Email the IT Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Information Technology Jobs by Email
If you would like to receive notification of new Information Technology opportunities by email please subscribe to the it mailing list.
Salary: £11.00 p/h
Are you immediately available for work in the Edinburgh area.
We are looking for a team of Labourers with CSCS cards, PPE and the right attitude .
This will be in the city centre and is ongoing min of 3 months work .
Please get in touch
Location: Glasgow Area
Salary: £16.75 p/h
Joiners required for various contracts and various lengths. Immediate starts available
1st and 2nd fix joiners required, must be able to work at pace and have Blue or Gold Skills Card .
Tools and PPE is required.
Please call Joanne or Craig on 0141 887 1155 to discuss further.
Location: Glasgow Area
Salary: £17.00 p/h
Stafffinders are currently looking for Experienced Joiners for a contract in Glasgow area.
Must have experience in all aspects of joinery.
Immediate start !!!!
In date Blue or Gold CSCS card.
Competetive rates of pay
Please apply online or send your CV
Salary: £17.50 p/h
We are looking for a Bricklayer for ongoing work in various sites .
You will need a Blue or Gold CSCS card or time served. Experience in laying block.
Must have trowels and PPE.
PLease give joanne or Craig a call on 0141 887 1155
Salary: £26000 to £28000 p/a
Category: Restaurant Management
Stafffinders are currently looking for an eager Food and Beverage Manager to lead a team at a luxury Perthshire Hotel.
To find out more about the role contact Pawel on email@example.com.