Since registering with Stafffinders for temporary work, they have always kept me out working. The Recruitment Consultants are always courteous and work hard finding assignments that suit me.
General Labourer Jobs
General Labourers use a wide range of skills to help build houses, factories, offices, roads, bridges, airports and many other structures. Labourers work alongside skilled tradespeople in all areas of building and construction and will prepare the ground for building, helping to set out areas to be dug for the foundations and drains.
The work doesn't stop there, further involvement in site work, erecting hoardings, safety signs, barriers and site huts. The construction industry needs general labourers to help set up and dismantle access equipment and prepare materials such as cement and plaster. Labourers may be responsible for transporting, stacking and removing resources. Some will specialise in helping one or more of the crafts, such as bricklayers or plasterers.
What duties are involved in being a Labourer?
- Transport product between receiving warehouse and production areas.
- Maintain industry vehicles and material handling equipment in safe and good working condition.
- Execute daily work instructions received from supervisor in a timely manner.
- Drive industrial vehicles to transfer product.
- Operate manual material handling equipment such as hand jacks and wheeled carts safely.
- Maintain the work area clean, safe and organised.
- Lift and carry product as needed.
- Inspect product upon delivery to identify any damages.
- Load and unload product to and from trailers.
- Perform routine facility inspection including electrical and mechanical maintenances.
- Manage housekeeping activities when requested.
The usual working week is 39 hours, from Monday to Friday. Most of the work is outdoors and conditions may be hot, cold, wet, dusty or dirty.
General labourer jobs may earn between £7.50ph and £9.00ph
Key attributes include practical ability and common sense, being physically fit with stamina and the ability to cope with lifting and carrying and be willing to work outdoors in all weathers.
Contact the Industrial Division Team
Email the Industrial Division at email@example.com.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Industrial Jobs by Email
If you would like to receive notification of new industrial job opportunities by email please subscribe to the industrial mailing list.
Salary: £10.00 p/h
Our client a well-established Civil and Maintenance contractor currently have a requirement for multiple experienced Groundworkers in the Glasgow area.
Ideal candidates will be considered for a permanent post at the end of the 3-month temporary contract.
Due to the variation of works a driving licence is essential.
Candidates must ...
Location: Glasgow Area
Category: Civil Engineer
Stafffinders are recruiting on behalf of our client a well-established Civil Engineering and Building Contractor based in Scotland
We are looking for Ground workers for ongoing projects in the Glasgow area.
All candidates must have:
Duties will include General labouring and Concrete Repairs
This vacancy is ...