I would like to express my sincere gratitude to Mrs Peplinska for her cooperation, helpfulness and competence in assisting me in my job search. I thank her for her professional and respectful approach to business. It was a pleasure to deal with her and I wish her all the best in future.
Jobs in joinery include working with wood, working on building sites or in the workshop. Joiners make, fit or repair doors, windows, staircases, floorboards, roof trusses and partitions. Joiners use traditional woodworking tools, as well as specialised power or hand tools, for cutting, shaping, smoothing and finishing.
There are four different types of Joiners, bench joiners who are mostly based in workshops, using woodworking tools and machinery to make parts such as doors, roof timbers and skirting boards, site joiners who work on site, fitting the prefabricated parts into buildings, shopfitters who specialise in producing and fitting shop fronts and interiors.
Responsibilities of a Joiner
- Work with designers and planners on construction projects.
- Defers to the contractor's orders on large construction projects.
- Matches materials to requested design specifications.
- Measures building materials and spaces for installation accurately.
- Orders building materials as needed.
- Creates materials that fit the client's expectations
- Assembles sturdy and well-constructed floorboards, skirting boards, window frames, doors, door linings, staircases, fitted furniture, cabinetry, shelving.
- Incorporates fixtures like door handles and locks, cabinet handles, stairway railing, and other fixtures into design and implementation.
- Builds temporary housings and supports for setting concrete (shuttering)
- Builds the framework of a building, bridge, ship, or other large-scale construction project.
- Crafts furniture with fine detail work and/or utmost sturdiness and quality.
- Utilizes skills in other related trades such as plumbing, roofing, bricklaying, painting, tiling, plastering, etc.
- Participates in first fixing as well as second fixing work.
- Combines carpentry work with joining work.
- Repairs and refurbishes existing building work.
- Replaces damaged wood in hardwood floors and outdoor decks.
- Uses power tools and other tools to cut and shape wood, metal, and other materials.
- Communicates with the rest of the construction team.
As well as working on new buildings joiners may include working in a variety of different areas such as building maintenance and repair, adding fittings and extensions in existing houses, and working for building contractors, local authorities and shopfitting companies. Many carpenters are self-employed.
It may be possible to train to become a joiner through an Apprenticeship.
Experienced joiners may be able to move into construction management, or set up their own specialist firm. There may be opportunities for joiners to take place abroad on contracts.
Contact the Industrial Division Team
Email the Industrial Division at email@example.com.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Industrial Jobs by Email
If you would like to receive notification of new industrial job opportunities by email please subscribe to the industrial mailing list.
Salary: £18.00 p/h
My client is looking for numerous 1st fix/2nd fix joiners, in Edinburgh city centre. 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday with a great rate of £18 per hour.
You will be working on a large scale commercial development, long term work for the right candidates.
What you will ...
Location: Glasgow Area
Category: Civil Engineer
Stafffinders are recruiting on behalf of our client a well-established Civil Engineering and Building Contractor based in Scotland
We are looking for Ground workers for ongoing projects in the Glasgow area.
All candidates must have:
Duties will include General labouring and Concrete Repairs
This vacancy is ...
Salary: £10.50 p/h
My client is looking for numerous general labourers based in Livingston. 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday with a rate of £10.50 (umbrella) per hour.
You will be working on a large scale development, approximately 12 months with possibility of an extension for the right candidates.
General labourer ...
Category: Surveyor - Quantity
My client is a not for profit affordable housing provider who is seeking a Quantity Surveyor to join their team.
Oversee the financial and commercial relationships with suppliers and subsidiary organisations.
cost analysis and financial planning and provide full management reports.
Responsible for successful costing, billing and appraisal ...
Staffinders are recruiting of behalf a dynamic and expanding organisation looking for an enthusiastic and committed person to work as part of their team.
You will be working closely with both public and private sector clients and requires a good communicator and team player with good IT skills ...