Just recently signed up with Stafffinders. Danielle and Katrina are amazing!!! Very professional.
They give you a whole list of available jobs and you can pick and choose which ones suit you.
Been with a few agencies in the past none of them can touch the girls though. You can even do your timesheet online so no looking for the Duty Manager at the end of your shift. Great agency knocked back a full time job to stay with them.
Speech and Language Therapist Jobs
Speech and language therapists work closely with infants, children and adults who have various levels of speech, language and communication problems. They also work with people who have swallowing difficulties. Therapists assess the clients' needs before developing individual treatment programmes to enable each client to improve as much as possible. Treatment plans often involve those with whom the client has a close relationship, for example family, carers or teachers.
- identifying children's developmental speech and communication difficulties/disorders
- assessing and treating swallowing and communication difficulties arising from a variety of causes, e.g. congenital problems (such as cleft palate) or acquired disorders after a stroke or injury
- devising, implementing and revising relevant treatment programmes
- advising carers on implementing treatment programmes and training other professionals in therapy delivery
- assessing communication environments
- monitoring and evaluating clients' progress
- working with clients on a one-to-one basis, and in groups, to deliver therapy
- writing and maintaining confidential client case notes and reports, as well as information for clients, carers and other professionals
- managing a caseload taking account of priority cases, waiting lists, successful outcomes, referral and discharge of service users
- working with others to improve the effectiveness of service delivery
Therapists operating at more senior levels may be involved in the following:
- conducting personal development reviews with colleagues
- supporting/supervising newly qualified speech and language therapists and speech and language therapy assistants
- setting organisational and personal objectives
- planning and delivering training sessions
- contributing to the implementation and evaluation of projects and developments
- undertaking clinical audit through the collation of statistical, financial and other data relating to service delivery
- participating in research projects
Healthcare Jobs by Email
Join our healthcare mailing list to hear of our latest vacancies.
We don't have any jobs advertised for this job title at the moment.